Health Services Celebrates Wellness Week Get R.I.C.H.
STATESBORO, Ga. – Health Services, a unit of Auxiliary Services, and the Wellness Program team up to bring Wellness Week Get R.I.C.H (Recipes in Complete Health) to the Georgia Southern community this February. Wellness Week will have special events each day to promote men’s and women’s health and lessons for “recipes in complete health.” The Wellness Week will kick off Thursday, Feb. 5 through Friday, Feb. 13.
Thursday, Feb. 5,
– The Block Party will be held at the Russell Union Rotunda from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
– Club Get R.I.C.H. will commence at the Williams Center Multipurpose Room from 9 p.m.- midnight.
“Get R.I.C.H” Awareness table will be held Monday, Feb. 9 through Friday, Feb. 13 in the Russell Union from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. for students to receive important health information and special giveaways while supplies last.
Monday, Feb. 9
– “Know Your Numbers” located at the University Store Plaza will take place from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
– Body Image Screening will be hosted at the RAC from 4-6 p.m.
– Meditation program will be held in the RAC Mind and Body Studio at 7 p.m.
Tuesday, Feb. 10
– “Play is the Game” will be held in the Nursing building from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
– Lunch & Learn: The Doctor Will See You Now, will be held from noon until 1:30 p.m. in Russell Union Room 2047. Students will enjoy a free lunch while Dr. DeLoach and a women’s health nurse practitioner discuss what to expect during physical exams. Reserve your lunch at georgiasouthern.edu/health.
– Body Image Screening will repeat from 3-5 p.m. in the RAC.
– Health Communities by Design, a seminar featuring Mark Fenton, will be held in the Performing Arts Center Auditorium (PAC) at 7 p.m.
Wednesday, Feb. 11
– “Live Well Fair” will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
– “150 Minutes per Week” will be held in the Russell Union Rotunda from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
– The Empty Bowl Project will take place from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Russell Union Rotunda.
– Guys & Ladies Night Out will take place in the Nessmith-Lane Ballroom beginning at 5 p.m. Participants will form a team of four and will test their health IQ with a pub-style trivia game. Courtesy of the Office of Alcohol and other Drugs, mock tails will be served with complimentary nuts and root beer and the winning team will take home a prize.
Thursday, Feb. 12
– “Give Me 25 for a Prize” at Lakeside Dining Commons at 11 a.m.
– “Meditate to Renovate”, hosted at 3:30 p.m. in the Russell Union classroom 2047, is an event sponsored by the Counseling Center. The event highlight tips on decreasing anxiety, lowering blood pressure and finding your zen.
– “Hot Wings, Hot Topics” will be held in the Russell Union classroom 2047 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. for students to enjoy discussion with peers about trending topics.
Friday, Feb.13, students are reminded to keep track of their health with Make Your Appointment Day. Students may sign up at any time to make an appointment for an annual physical exam at Health Services. Once logging into the MyGeorgiaSouthern portal, access the link for ‘Eagle OSH” to confirm an appointment.
About Auxiliary Services
Auxiliary Services’ mission is to create the best possible Georgia Southern University experience. Auxiliary Services strives to provide the highest quality products and services to the Georgia Southern community, while setting the highest operational standards possible. Auxiliary Services supports the strategic direction of the University through the delivery of extraordinary programs, products, services and facilities. Visit: GeorgiaSouthern.edu/auxiliary.
Posted in Uncategorized