Georgia Southern University Health Services provides consultation and vaccination recommendations for those students preparing for international travel. These visits need to be scheduled through the Primary Care Clinic.
For more information regarding health recommendations regarding travel, please visit the Center for Disease Control Traveler’s Health Site.
For information about support and services for victims of sexual assault who are traveling abroad, please visit SASHAA – Sexual Assault Support & Help for Americans Abroad
Current vaccines for Travel Medicine Clinics:
|TDAP- Tetanus Diphtheria/Pertussis||Yes|
Information Regarding a Travel Consultation Appointment
- Prior to your visit, and as soon as you know your specific destination(s), visit www.cdc.gov/travel and review the information regarding your travel destination. Please print and bring that information with you to the visit.
- Bring any other travel forms required by your department or travel group with you to the visit.
- After scheduling your appointment online using Online Student Health make sure you complete the Travel Questionnaire in Online Student Health.
- Please be aware that some recommended or required vaccinations must be given as a series several months apart. As such, the earlier in advance that you schedule the Travel Consult, the better.
- Write down any questions you may have so you can discuss them with your provider at the time of your examination.
Last updated: 11/6/2017