Break Closings & Housing
Winter Break 2017
Halls close on Friday, December 8, at 12:00 Noon.
- You must depart for winter break within 24 hours after your last final exam or class of the Fall 2017 semester, or by Friday, December 8, at 12:00 PM — whichever comes first.
- If you are participating in or assisting with Commencement, you may stay in the Residence Halls until 12:00 PM on Saturday, December 9, pending approval from your Resident Director. You must contact your Resident Director to receive this approval. Your Resident Director email address can be found on the Housing Staff Directory page.
- Please note, all Residence Hall Clubhouses will be closed over the winter break.
- Over the Winter Break, University Housing may be performing maintenance work on units. Rooms may be entered as early as 8:00 AM.
- You are required to attend a break closing floor meeting. See your Community Leader for information on times/dates of meetings.
- If you are returning for the Spring 2018 semester, you do not have to remove all of your belonging; however, you are encouraged to take home items of value, Rental Text Books you may need to return, medications, passports or identification, or other items you may need over break. Housing staff will not be able to grant access to closed buildings in a timely fashion.
Can I stay over December Break?
- Only students living in University Villas, Freedom’s Landing, and Centennial Place are allowed to stay over Winter Break. SIGN UP FOR BREAK HOUSING – All students in University Villas, Freedom’s Landing, and Centennial Place who intend to stay for some or all of the break must sign up at the website by December 7th.
- Residence halls will re-open for the Spring 2018 semester on January 4th at 12:00 noon.
Please choose the Flyer link below that pertains to the building you currently live in to READ about the Move Out Instructions for your residence hall.
|Freedom’s Landing||FL Closing Flyer|
|All other Residence Halls (CP, EV, KE, SC, SP, UV, and WA)||All other Halls Closing Flyer|
If you need to contact University Housing over the break, the housing office will be open during normal business hours from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday, December 11, through Friday, December 22. The University will close Saturday, December 23, 2017, and will reopen on Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 8:00 am. Staff will not be available when the University is closed. If you need assistance, please call University Police at (912) 478-5234.
Last updated: 11/28/2017