2016-2017 Residence Education Team
The Residence Education team in University Housing is here to serve you as leaders, role models, community builders and resource people. Our team is made up of:
- Community Assistants (CA): Approximately 60 undergraduate students serve as resources and provide customer service at our 8 residence hall clubhouse desks.
- Community Leaders (CL): 131 undergraduate student leaders are hired each year to serve as peer mentors and community builders. Each CL is assigned to a residence hall floor or block of apartments. Learn More about the CL Position.
- Assistant Resident Directors (ARD): Five graduate student assistants work with the CL’s and typically advise the Hall Council, manage front desk operations in the clubhouse and supervise 4-6 Community Leaders.
- Resident Directors (RD): Ten professional Resident Directors manage the eight residence halls. A RD typically has a master’s degree in “college student personnel” or “higher education” and has chosen to work with college students as a profession. They supervise CL’s, teach the First Year Experience class, design educational and social events for your hall, and serve as the student conduct officer for your hall. Learn More about the RD Position
- Assistant Directors (AD): Three professional Assistant Directors supervise RDs, ARDs, and CLs with in 3 areas on campus. Additionally they manage staff hiring, training, academic initiatives, and student involvement in our Hall Councils and Residence Hall Association (RHA). They also teach the First Year Experience class and serve as student conduct officers. All Assistant Directors have prior experience as Resident Directors.
- Residence Education Central Office Staff: The Director of Residence Education (DRE) has over 20 years experience working in higher education and leads the entire team. We also have an Associate Director who has oversight of our Residential Curriculum, Assessment and our Living Learning Communities, 3 graduate assistants and 2 administrative staff who support our team in the central office.
Last updated: 3/6/2017