CEIT Living Learning Community
All incoming first year students in the Allen E. Paulson College of Engineering & Information Technology (CEIT) have the opportunity to live together in Southern Pines. All CEIT freshmen may apply to live in this community. The University is committed to diversity and strongly encourages individuals belonging to underrepresented groups to apply. The 2016-2017 community will have 250 participants.
What are the benefits of being a part of this community?
By living in the CEIT Community, you will be provided opportunities planned specifically for CEIT students. These include but are not limited to:
- Fall opening orientation with CEIT faculty and staff that prepares you for participating in required and optional LLC events.
- Taking one course with other LLC students (MATH 1112, MATH 1441, IT or ENGR).
- Faculty-led chats and workshops in the residence hall and IT building.
- Site Visits to tour local engineering and IT companies that hire Georgia Southern CEIT graduates.
- Company Showcases with engineering and IT recruiters to learn about scholarship and internship opportunities and to network with professionals in your career field.
- Participating in the Women’s Inner Circle, a sub-group of the LLC that offers support and networking opportunities for students with professional women and faculty.
- In-hall tutoring and academic advising in the CEIT LLC lounge in Southern Pines.
- Living in a residential area reserved for CEIT students.
- Social events planned by Community Leaders based on your interests.
Where is the CEIT Community Located?
The CEIT Community is located in Southern Pines Residence Hall, just a short walk from the College of Engineering and Information Technology. Southern Pines is comprised of 2 and 4-bedroom super suites, which include a full size bed, kitchenette with full size fridge and sink, a living room within the apartment, and access to laundry, study rooms, and a full kitchen in the clubhouse.
How do I apply to be a part of this LLC?
Interested students should apply on the University Housing website. The application will be available in the last step of your New Student Application. Priority is given to students who apply by March 1st.
Last updated: 6/28/2016