The Lab Community (COSM)
Who can live in The Lab?
The Lab is for a select number of first-year College of Science & Mathematics (COSM) students who want to participate in social and academic activities designed to help them be confident in their choice of major while interacting with faculty and students who are passionate about math and science. The Lab helps students discover and embrace their inner Scientist or Mathematician. This LLC is sponsored by a collaboration among the College of Sciences and Mathematics, Career Services, and University Housing. All incoming first-year COSM students are eligible to apply for The Lab.
What are the benefits of being a part of this community?
By living in The Lab, you will be provided opportunities planned specifically for COSM students. These include but are not limited to:
- Fall opening orientation with COSM faculty and staff that prepares you for participating in required and optional LLC events.
- Taking The Lab designated section of FYE 1220 with other Lab students. – REQUIRED
- Faculty-led chats and research discussions in the residence hall.
- Sustainability education and initiatives.
- Company Showcases with mathematics and science companies to learn about scholarship and internship opportunities and to network with professionals in your career field.
- In-hall tutoring in the The Lab’s lounge in the residence hall.
- Living in a residential area reserved for The Lab students.
- Social events planned by Community Leaders based on your interests.
The Lab is located in Eagle Village Residence Hall. Eagle Village is comprised of 2, 3 and 4-bedroom super suites, which include a twin size bed, kitchenette with full size fridge and sink, a living room within the apartment, and access to laundry, study rooms, a full kitchen on each floor, and a fully equipped clubhouse.
How do I apply to be a part of this LLC?
Interested students should apply on the University Housing website. The application will be available in the last step of your New Student Application. Priority is given to students who apply by March 1st.
Last updated: 6/28/2016