Style Your Space 2017
Room Decorating Contest
- 1st prize: $50 Gift Card for The University Store
- 2nd prize: $25 Dining Dollars
- 3rd prize: $25 gift bag from Tech Corner (flash drive, headphones, and $10 gift card)
- Top 10 Finalists: A FREE room cleaning from Residential and Auxiliary Facilities
- Residents in winning unit submissions will each be awarded the prize amount. Prizes are not shared.
Important Contest Dates:
Wednesday, September 20th: Entries due by 11:59 p.m.
- Monday, September 25th: Voting opens on Facebook
- Monday, October 2nd: Voting closes at 11:59 p.m. on Facebook
- Friday, October 6th: Winners announced!
These dates may be subject to change.
- University Housing’s Style Your Space Contest is open to on-campus residents only.
- Contestants can submit a maximum of 5 photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For unit entries, ensure that all roommates agree to the contest by signing a consent form (sent via email)
- Please take photos that are visible and best showcase your room.
- Entries after September 20, 2017 will not be accepted for consideration.
Upon entering, you agree to:
- You grant Georgia Southern University Housing the permission to reproduce, broadcast, edit, publish, and/or publicly display the photographs taken during this contest. You understand that you will not receive any monetary or other form of compensation now or in the future for allowing your photographs to be used for these purposes by Georgia Southern University Housing.
- Be present and have your room professionally photographed as scheduled by University Housing
- Abide by Georgia Southern University Housing policies* when decorating your room and agree to not display offensive materials or decorations that promote, alcohol or other drugs, violence, obscene materials or any violations of local, state, and federal laws. If you do not understand the policies, please check with your CL (or RA) or go to here to review the 2017-2018 Community Guide. Action will be taken if violations are detected.
*Reminder: Banners, flags, and large pieces of fabric must be at least 6″ down from the ceiling, not cover more than 50% of the wall, nor be facing out of the room.
How to Enter
We are no longer accepting entries into the 2017 Style Your Space Contest! However, we encourage you to participate by voting! Voting is held September 25th – October 2nd, and can be done by “liking” your favorite room photos on our Facebook page!
Online voting will open on Monday, September 25th and will close on Monday, October 2nd at 11:59 p.m. Voting will be done through the Georgia Southern University Housing Facebook page (facebook.com/gsuhousing). Voting is open to the public and you are encouraged to have friends and family vote by “liking” your picture.
Residents are allowed to submit an individual bed space or unit submission. Roommate consent forms are only required for unit submissions. The form can be found below or you can email: email@example.com to request a form be sent to you.
Last updated: 9/21/2017