Style Your Space 2018
Room Decorating Contest
Congratulations to our 2017 Style Your Space winners, Ivey and Emery from Watson hall!
- Grand Prize Winner: Ivey Pearson and Emery Mitchell
- Second Prize: Ebony King
- Third Prize: Jazlyn Brown
To see pictures of the finalists, check out our Facebook page or follow us on Instagram. Thanks to all who participated!
2018 Style Your Space Prizes: To be determined
2017 Style Your Space Prizes:
- 1st prize: $50 University Store Gift Card plus a free room cleaning
- 2nd prize: $25 Dining Dollars plus a free room cleaning
- 3rd prize: $25 gift bag from Tech Corner plus a free room cleaning
- Top 10 Finalists: A FREE room cleaning from Residential and Auxiliary Facilities
- Residents in winning unit submissions will each be awarded the prize amount. Prizes are not shared.
Important Contest Dates:
- Entries Due: TBA
- Voting opens: TBA
- Voting closes: TBA
- Winners announced: TBA
Important contest dates will be announced this fall.
- University Housing’s Style Your Space Contest is open to on-campus residents only.
- Contestants can submit a maximum of 5 photos to email@example.com
- For unit entries, ensure that all roommates agree to the contest by signing a consent form (sent via email)
- Please take photos that are visible and best showcase your room.
- Entry deadlines will be announced this fall.
Upon entering, you agree to:
- You grant Georgia Southern University Housing the permission to reproduce, broadcast, edit, publish, and/or publicly display the photographs taken during this contest. You understand that you will not receive any monetary or other forms of compensation now or in the future for allowing your photographs to be used for these purposes by Georgia Southern University Housing.
- Be present and have your room professionally photographed as scheduled by University Housing
- Abide by Georgia Southern University Housing policies* when decorating your room and agree to not display offensive materials or decorations that promote, alcohol or other drugs, violence, obscene materials or any violations of local, state, and federal laws. If you do not understand the policies, please check with your CL (or RA) or go here to review the 2017-2018 Community Guide. Action will be taken if violations are detected.
*Reminder: Banners, flags, and large pieces of fabric must be at least 6″ down from the ceiling, not cover more than 50% of the wall, nor be facing out of the room.
How to Enter
We are no longer accepting entries into the 2017 Style Your Space Contest! Entry deadlines and important contest dates will be announced this fall. We encourage you to check out our Style Your Space album on Facebook for room decorating inspiration!
Voting will be done through the Georgia Southern University Housing Facebook page (facebook.com/gsuhousing). Voting is open to the public and you are encouraged to have friends and family vote by “liking” your picture. Dates will be announced this fall.
Residents are allowed to submit an individual bed space or unit submission. Roommate consent forms are only required for unit submissions. The form can be found below or you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org to request a form be sent to you.
Last updated: 5/7/2018