Welcome Back! Changes Around Auxiliary for Fall 2022
by Ansley Thompson, Staff Student Writer
It is now the second week of classes, and our campuses are buzzing with students. These are busy times for all Auxiliary locations on campus, and we hope you enjoy the great products and services Every Eagle expects from our departments. Auxiliary Services has been working hard these past few months to prepare for this semester so you may note a few changes on your campus.
- If you have been in the University Store on the Statesboro Campus recently, you’ve probably noticed the addition of the Tech Corner to the store. It was previously located across the street from the University Store. The Tech Corner has been the primary source for students’ computer and electronic needs for years and will continue to do so within the University Store.
- Another project that is currently underway on the Statesboro Campus is the demolition of the University Villas residence hall. This area will soon be converted to a parking lot. This lot will be a huge help with the high demand for parking on the Statesboro campus.
- Have you wondered where the robots have been on the Statesboro Campus? Starship Deliver will not longer operate on campus. A great alternative to the Starship is GATA-GO by Transact Mobile Ordering. The GATA-GO app enables you to order your food in advance, allowing you to avoid long lines and waiting!
- Health Services on the Statesboro Campus is now accepting walk-ins. Feeling sick? Now, you can be seen by our health professionals without an appointment.
- On the Armstrong Campus, the GUS Mart is now located inside of the University Store. Enjoy the convenience of these two locations now being centrally located!
- Memorial Health has ended their contract with Georgia Southern. Health Services on the Armstrong Campus will now be a part of Georgia Southern. That means you will soon have the ability to use your insurance. Please give them a call to set up an appointment at 912-478-5641.
- Eagle Dining is constantly adjusting and improving dining locations on both the Statesboro and Armstrong campuses. Make sure you go check out the various dining locations to see what’s on the menu. You don’t want to miss this!
- New AMP parking lots and areas have been designated on the Statesboro and Armstrong campuses. The Statesboro Campus has many options for AMP parking, these include the Technology Building, Lot 21 (30min only), Lot 42, Lot 41, ERB, Lot 13, Sweetheart Circle, and Russell Union. The Armstrong Campus has the following areas designated for AMP parking: Student Success, Science Drive, Burnett Blvd, Armstrong Center, Arts Drive, and Rec Center.
- The Day1Access program (also referred to as D1A) is a digital textbook model in collaboration with top publishers to reduce the cost of required course materials. The University Store has ensured that all Day1Access materials will have the lowest cost to the student possible – even lower than buying the material directly from the publisher. So far, the University Store has saved students $1,330,991.86!
Georgia Southern University is so excited about the additions and improvements that have been made to Auxiliary Services. Our students are our number one priority so we keep their needs in mind when coming up with new projects such as these. In Auxiliary Services, we strive to create an environment that is both convenient and helpful for students. Make sure to take advantage of these new improvements on your campus!
Posted in Auxiliary