Eagle Card Services Policies
Your Eagle Card (physical) or your Eagle Card Mobile ID (digital) is the official identification card for Georgia Southern University and should be carried with you at all times.
- A physical Eagle Card or Eagle Card Mobile ID are known as your “credential”.
- This card is the property of the issuer (Georgia Southern University), and you (the recipient) must return it to the Eagle Card Services Office upon leaving the university or if requested.
- To obtain your credential you must show a government-issued photo ID such as Driver’s license, State ID card or Passport.
- There is no fee for your initial credential; however, replacement physical cards due to loss or damage and fees assessed are the sole responsibility of the Eagle Card cardholder.
- Card data, including but not limited to your Eagle ID number and your photo, may be used for Georgia Southern University, Eagle Card Services Office, and/or Eagle Dining Services purposes.
- Your credential is valid only while you are a registered student, active Georgia Southern University employee, or until the card expires or is revoked.
- Your credential is non-transferable.
- Altering or intentionally damaging your physical Eagle Card, using another person’s credential, or allowing your credential to be used by another person may result in disciplinary action and/or confiscation of your credential.
- You are responsible for notifying Eagle Card Services or the Eagle Card Center (in Statesboro or Savannah) immediately if your credential is lost or stolen. You can also log in to your account on My.GeorgiaSouthern.edu and report your credential as lost or stolen (If found, your Eagle Card can also be reactivated).
- You are responsible for notifying Eagle Card Services to deactivate the functionality of (1) your physical Eagle Card, (2) any Dining Plan associated with your credential, and/or (3) any balance you may carry on your EagleXpress account.
- Additional information on the Eagle Card can be found at https://georgiasouthern.edu/eaglecard.
Eaglexpress is a declining balance or pre-paid funds program that can be accessed through your Eagle Card or Eagle Card Mobile ID for your convenience. This account is established at the same time your credential is created with a zero ($0) balance and cannot be used unless funded solely at the discretion of the cardholder. Eaglexpress is accepted both on and off campus.
You can go visit the EagleXpress page (click here) for a detailed list of locations that accept Eaglexpress both on and off campus.
Online deposits and account activity are also available through our website.
Eagle Dining Services Dining Plan Policy Statement
All Eagle Dining Plans can be accessed with your credential and/or use of our IRIS Camera stations. No other method of access is currently accepted by Eagle Dining Services (EDS) and Eagle Card Services. IRIS cameras are for self-service entry into the Dining Commons, Lakeside DC and The Galley.
An Eagle Card user may need to remit their credential to a cashier, in order to verify user identification before accessing and/or usage of an Eagle Dining Plan, guest passes, Dining Dollars or EagleXpress.
Any physical Eagle Cards confiscated due to improper usage will be destroyed and students will be required to purchase new cards for further use. Eagle Dining Plan users must follow the rules and policies of the EDS Dining Plan Policy Statement and documentation of this policy is provided by EDS on their website (www.georgiasouthern.edu/eagledining).
Dining Dollars and Budget Bucks
Dining Dollars (D$) or Budget Bucks may only be used at EDS dining locations on Georgia Southern University’s Statesboro or Armstrong campuses. Dining Plan or EagleXpress users must inform any cashier at an on-campus dining location whether to use Dining Dollars, Budget Bucks or EagleXpress.
Dining Dollars expire at the end of each semester.
Budget Bucks roll over from semester to semester.
Eagle Card Services may update this policy from time to time.
You may download a copy of our agreement form by clicking HERE.
Last updated: 7/31/2023