Eagle Dining to host “The Deadliest Catch” event Sept. 19

(Statesboro, GA) Join Eagle Dining Services (EDS) Wednesday, Sept. 19 for a swashbuckling event. “The Deadliest Catch” event will take place at Dining Commons on the Statesboro Campus 5-8 p.m.

Immerse yourself in the hazardous world of deep-sea fishing when you visit themed stations like Time Bandit, Summer Bay, and Wizard, each based on fishing boats from the Discovery documentary series The Deadliest Catch. Fans of the series will notice other themed elements throughout the event as well.

“I love the show The Deadliest Catch and have watched all 14 years,” said Dining Commons Executive Chef Jerry Bradley. “When I brought the idea up in a meeting, everyone went nuts about the idea, and we knew we had to do an event on the theme.”

With a specially designed menu of dishes like lobster rolls, avocado shrimp boats, fried soft shell crab and bacon-wrapped scallops, and more, seafood lovers will rejoice at this event. And for those who need it, detailed allergen and dietary information will be labeled on every dish.

“I wanted to bring in some menu items I used to do when I worked at five-star restaurants and to modify them for a large-scale like Dining Commons,” said Bradley. “I had fun working with seafood dishes and adding an upscale tone to the menu. I also really had fun coming up with the names of the dishes,” he laughed.

Guests will have the chance to win a trucker hat, t-shirts and a custom EDS cookbook with seafood recipes from the event.

“The students are going to see a lot of things they have probably never seen before,” said Bradley. “It’s going to be a great time and hopefully our best event yet. My hope is that students will try some new items and come out of the box a little with the seafood they eat.”

This event is free to Dining Plan holders on any Georgia Southern campus. The event price for those using EagleXpress is $12, and for those wishing to use credit, debit or cash, the cost is $15+ tax. Dining Commons will be closed 2-5 p.m. to prepare for the event, but Lakeside Dining Commons will be open to accommodate everyone during that time.

For more information, visit GeorgiaSouthern.edu/dining.

See the menu below. Allergen information is available upon request and will be labeled throughout the event.

Share:

Posted in Dining Commons, Special Events, Statesboro Campus