Fall 2020 Program Changes
Working to “Do Right” and Keep Eagle Nation Healthy
Eagle Dining Services is committed to providing those we serve with excellent food and exceptional customer service, while providing a sense of community for all.
During these unprecedented times, our main goals to serve the Georgia Southern community are:
- Maintain the safety of our patrons and many members of the university community.
- Offering the same level of exceptional customer service and quality meals to whoever enters our facilities.
And, as always, our main goals of continually improving our dining operations and program, committing ourselves to engage with our community on- and off-campus, as well as connecting with our customers are still paramount.
Here’s what you can expect this fall:
Last updated August 13, 2020
Please note that we will continue to update this page and other areas of our website with the latest information and updates from the University System of Georgia, Georgia Southern University leadership and the CDC.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located within our residential dining facilities and throughout the many buildings that house our retail dining locations.
- Staff at all of our locations will be wearing proper PPE and maintaining routine cleaning schedules of stations and facilities.
- Seating and occupancy for dining rooms at all of our dining locations will be reduced by the recommended amount, as well as large-scale facilities may be reduced by 75% to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and promote social/physical distancing.
- We have removed self-service and made-to-order dining stations from our residential dining locations (Dining Commons, Lakeside DC and The Galley DC). Dining staff are present at each station, eager to serve food to customers.
- We are encouraging all of our customers to use cashless payment methods such as EagleXpress, Dining Dollars, Budget Bucks, credit/debit and mobile payments.
- Dining plans are still required for first-year students living in University Housing residence halls.
- To-go containers, utensils and drinkware will be utilized in residential dining facilities such as Dining Commons, Lakeside DC and The Galley DC.
- Retail dining locations will primarily be offering to-go service, mobile ordering and/or Starship delivery.
- Face coverings are required in all Georgia Southern University facilities.
- Plexiglass partitions and dividers will be set up in areas to stop the spread and adhere to CDC guidelines.
How can you help?
- Use hand sanitizer and wash your hands while frequenting any of our facilities.
- Download the GATA-Go app through Transact Mobile Ordering to order your food and pick-up at your favorite dining locations.
- Download the Starship Delivery app to order your food for delivery by one of their robots anywhere on the Statesboro Campus.
Please visit the Georgia Southern University Return to Campus website for the latest information and timely updates here GeorgiaSouthern.edu/covid-19-information/.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your continued loyalty and support. For the latest information on COVID-19 and University operations, visit GeorgiaSouthern.ed/covid-19.
Last updated: 8/14/2020