Joining a Telehealth Appointment
Based on medical license requirements, you must physically be in the State of Georgia during your telehealth appointment. If you are not, the visit cannot occur and you will need to reschedule or seek care where you are located.
If you have scheduled a telehealth visit, your encounter will be conducted via a remote audio-video connection with your medical provider. You will not come to the health center facility for your appointment.
1. Check In for your Telehealth Appointment
- At least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time, log in to Eagle OSH and click the “Check In” box next to your appointment date/time.
2. Complete Any Required Forms
- After checking in for your appointment, you will be prompted to complete any forms that have been assigned to your appointment. You must complete and sign all required Forms in Eagle OSH prior to the start of your appointment.
- The Telehealth Informed Consent Form must be completed and signed by you in order for the visit to occur. This form is located on the Forms page of Eagle OSH.
- Additional forms may include:
- Patient Agreement Form (must be filled out every 12 months)
- A questionnaire specific to your current appointment reason
If you have problems completing or signing the forms, call (912) 478-5641 and select option 0.
3. Your Telehealth Appointment Link
- To join your telehealth appointment, click the “Telehealth” button next to your appointment in Eagle OSH. Please note that you need to check-in for your appointment before the option will appear.
- Copy and paste the Zoom Meeting’s link into a new internet browser window.
- When prompted, enter your First and Last name. If you enter anything other than the First and Last name on file with University Health Services, you may be denied entry into your Zoom telehealth appointment.
- To participate in the telehealth appointment, you must either be on a smartphone with a video camera or on a computer, tablet, or other device with internet connectivity and a video camera. If using your phone or tablet, you should download and install the Zoom app from your app store before the start of your appointment.
Video Appointment Requirements
- You should be in an area with a stable internet connection/WiFi signal.
- You should be in a private, well-lit space.
- You should not be driving or operating machinery.
- You should not have other individuals present during the telehealth visit unless they are needed to provide assistance. If they are present, then your consent for them to be present is assumed and you should notify your medical provider.
- You must be in the State of Georgia.
Note: If you are using an international VPN, please turn it off prior to your telehealth appointment.
Last updated: 5/2/2023