Primary Care Clinic (Armstrong)
The Primary Care clinic serves students who have a wide variety of concerns, from acute illness to chronic ongoing health issues to wellness and prevention. Services are provided by nurse practitioners under a contractual arrangement with Memorial Health University Physicians group.
Services include but are not limited to:
- Gastrointestinal complaints
- Infections disease management
- IV therapy
- Disease management (i.e. hypertension, diabetes, etc.)
- STD testing and treatment
- Musculoskeletal issues
- Evaluation of mental health disorders
- Metabolic and endocrine disorders
- Neurological disorders
- Laceration repairs
- Minor Burns
- Other general medical complaints
Information Regarding a Primary Care Appointment
- You may be required to submit a urine specimen at your examination visit for evaluation of specific symptoms. Please refrain from urinating within 2 hours before your visit if possible in order to not extend your visit.
- Drinking water will keep you hydrated. Staying hydrated will make it easier for the lab personnel to access a vein if it is necessary to draw your blood for testing.
- If you have a sore throat or fever please do not eat or drink anything for 15 minutes before your appointment.
- Write down any questions you may have so you can discuss them with your provider at the time of your examination.
Last updated: 1/5/2018