Comprehensive Sexual Assault Awareness Curriculum for University Athletics
The purpose of this curriculum is to provide comprehensive sexual assault prevention education to the student athlete body at Georgia Southern University. The curriculum will serve as a means to open conversations that address topics such as; sexual assault and gender violence while promoting a campus culture of respect, safety and wellness.
- To create a safe environment in which difficult topics such as consent, sexual assault, and gender violence can be discussed and solutions can be communicated.
- To provide the campus community with a clear definition of consent.
- To educate on strategies to reduce the incidence of sexual assault and gender violence among the campus community.
- To initiate a call to action and intervene during instances of sexual assault, harassment or gender violence.
- To increase self-efficacy towards bystander intervention practices.
Sponsoring Departments: Sexual Assault Response Team (SART), Health Services, University Athletics, Office of Equal Opportunity and Title IX
Last updated: 11/30/2018