The Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia has established immunization requirements for all new students (first-year, transfers, and others) as directed by policy consistent with recommendations provided by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, developed collaboratively by the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia and the Division of Public Health of the Georgia Department of Human Resources.
A brief summary of current immunization requirements is available on the Board of Regents website for your information.
It is the policy of the Georgia Southern University’s Health Services to comply with the mandatory immunization program established by the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia. These requirements include documented proof of immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella, varicella (chicken pox), tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis and hepatitis B, prior to registration at any college or university within the University System. For additional information, please visit The Board of Regents.
New or Returning Students:
Follow the directions below. If you have questions or need assistance with a hold on your account, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org .
After you have registered for classes:
- Go to my.georgiasouthern.edu and select Eagle OSH. Click on the “Forms” tab and you will see 2 questionnaires (Tuberculosis Screening and Medical History) that must be completed on-line.
- Print the Certificate of Immunization and have the form completed and signed by your healthcare provider only if you are an out-of-state student, international student or you are claiming an exemption* listed below. (If you are a Georgia resident and have received the required vaccines from a healthcare provider in Georgia, you do not have to submit the Certificate of Immunization form to us. Once you have registered for classes, your immunization records are sent to us electronically from the Georgia Registry of Immunizations. If the record does not meet the immunization requirements, we will notify you by email.)
- Once your immunization record has been completed, go to my.georgiasouthern.edu, select Eagle OSH. Click on Uploads to upload your immunization record.
- If you fail to meet these requirements, a hold will be placed on your student account that will prevent registration for classes.
• All forms must be completed in English.
• Foreign language reports WILL NOT be accepted as well as handwritten lab results.
• Dates of immunizations or titers with results are required.
Exemptions from immunization requirements are allowed on the following basis:
- Religious Objection
- Medical Reasons *Requires Physician’s certification (documentation required)
- Students enrolled in on-line courses only
During a public health event such as an epidemic, the president of the university is authorized in conjunction with the Chancellor and appropriate health authorities, to put rules and regulations in place regarding diseases against which immunizations may be required.
Any individual who cannot show proof of immunity or adequate immunization and refuses to or cannot be immunized shall be excluded from any institution or facility of the University System until valid evidence is produced that they are immunized against the disease or the epidemic threat no longer constitutes a significant public health danger (BOR Minutes 1989-90, p.406).
In the event of a disease outbreak, these students may be excluded from any institution or facility of the University System until such time as they present valid evidence that they are immunized against the disease, have had the disease and recovered, or the epidemic or threat no longer constitutes a significant public health danger.
Last updated: 7/24/2018