Skip to main content

Immunizations FAQ’s

Why do I have to submit immunization records?

The Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia has established immunization requirements for all new students. As a part of the USG system, all Georgia Southern University students are required to comply with these requirements.


What immunizations are required?

  • 2 MMR Vaccines (Measles, Mumps and Rubella)
  • 2 Varicella Vaccines or history of the chickenpox disease
  • 1 Tdap Vaccine
  • 3 Hepatitis B Vaccines (18 years and under)


Are there any exemptions to the immunization requirements? The following exemptions are allowed:

  • Religious waiver- submit the Certificate of Immunization form with the demographic section, religious waiver section, signature and date completed.
  • Students taking on-line courses only
  • Temporary or permanent medical reason- you must provide documentation from your medical provider


If I have an approved waiver, what happens if there is a communicable disease outbreak on campus?  

You may be excluded from campus until you present valid evidence that you are immunized against the disease, have had the disease or the epidemic or threat no longer constitutes a significant public health danger.


What documentation do I submit to meet the immunization requirements?

  • Georgia Residents: If you are a Georgia resident and have received the required vaccines from a healthcare provider in Georgia, you do not have to submit your immunization records to us. Once you have registered for classes, your records are sent to us electronically from the Georgia Registry of Immunizations. 


  • Out of State or International Students: Go to and click on the “immunizations” tab. Print out the Certificate of Immunization and have your medical provider complete the form. All forms must be submitted in English. If you have immunization records from a medical provider, health department or other school, you are not required to complete the Certificate of Immunization form.


What other information (other than immunization records) do I have to submit to be compliant with the university requirements?

  • ALL STUDENTS, except students taking on-line course only, are required to complete the TB Screening and Medical History forms by going to and click on Eagle OSH (Health Center Online). Log in and go to the “forms” tab to complete these forms.


 When should I submit my immunization records?

All immunization records as well as the TB Screening and Medical History forms should be submitted after registering for classes and before classes begin.


How do I submit my immunization records?

  • Upload your records by going to, select Eagle OSH (Health Center Online) then click on Uploads. This is a secure system.
  • If you are unable to upload your documents, you can email your records to or fax them to (912) 478-0792.


Do you accept immunization records from any medical provider or other school instead of having to complete the Certificate of immunization form?  Yes


Do I have to submit my immunization records if I am present or past military? Yes


Do I have to submit my immunization records if I am a TAP student? Yes


What happens once I submit my records?

Records are reviewed for compliance in the order in which they are received.  You should receive an email within 2 business days indicating that you are compliant or remain non-compliant and what may still be missing. You may also go to Eagle OSH to access your immunization records to view your status.


It has been more than 2 business days since I sent my immunization records and I still have a hold. What should I do?

Go to and click on eagle OSH (Health Center online). Click on the “Immunizations” tab to view your history. This will provide you with information on any missing requirements. If you have met all of the requirements and still have a hold, email us at  for assistance.


What if I know that I had the vaccines or disease, but I am unable to locate my records?

You will be required to have a titer drawn (lab test) to verify immunity.  The lab results must be submitted to us for review. If the titer does not indicate immunity, you will be required to have the vaccines and provide proof of administration. All lab results must be in English.


Do I need to have a TB Test?

  • Testing is indicated by the answers you submit on the TB Screening form. Once you submit your form it will be reviewed, and you will be notified via your Georgia Southern Email if further testing is needed.
  • TB testing is required for certain health science programs.


What happens if I am not compliant with these requirements?

Anyone that hasn’t submitted all required records and forms within 30 days of registration will have a hold placed on their account and will not be able to register for any future classes until the required documentation has been received. The student may also be restricted from access to other university services.

Last updated: 8/23/2019