Armstrong Campus – Break Closings & Housing
General Closing Information
Winter Break 2020
Halls close on Friday, December 11, at 12:00 Noon.
- You must depart for winter break within 24 hours after your last final exam or class of the Fall 2020 semester, or by Friday, December 11, at 12:00 PM — whichever comes first.
- If you are participating in or assisting with Commencement, you may stay in the Residence Halls until 12:00 noon on Friday, December 18, pending approval from Nick Shrader (Director, Residence Life).
- Please note, all Residence Hall Clubhouses will be closed over the winter break.
- Over the Winter Break, University Housing may be performing maintenance work on units. Rooms may be entered as early as 8:00 AM.
- You are required to attend a break closing floor meeting. Your Resident Advisor will provide information on the date/time of your meeting. These floor meetings will be held virtually.
- If you are returning for the Spring 2021 semester, you do not have to remove all of your belongings; however, you are encouraged to take home items of value, Rental Text Books you may need to return, medications, passports or identification, or other items you may need over break. Housing staff will not be able to grant access to closed buildings in a timely fashion.
- We encourage all residents to keep items off of floors or store them in waterproof containers. You are encouraged to put items on your bed or dresser in case of possible water events in the residence hall.
Can I stay over December Break?
- Only students living in Compass Point, University Crossings, and University Terrace are allowed to stay over Winter Break. All students in Compass Point, University Crossings, and University Terrace who intend to stay for some or all of the break must sign up at the website by December 7th.
If you need to contact University Housing over the break, the housing office will be open during normal business hours from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday, December 14, through Thursday, December 24. The University will close Friday, December 25, 2020, and will reopen on Monday, January 4, 2021 at 8:00 am. Staff will not be available when the University is closed. If you need assistance, please call University Police at (912) 344-3333.
- Residence halls will re-open for the Spring 2021 semester on January 7th at 12:00 noon.
Floor Meeting Times
Please see your RA for more information about the closing floor meeting in your hall.
Break Stay Sign-Up
The Break Stay Sign Up Form is no longer available. If you need to remain on campus, please see your Resident Director or contact University Housing.
Last updated: 12/9/2020