Armstrong Campus – Break Closings & Housing
General Closing Information
Halls close on Thursday, December 9, at 12:00 Noon.
- You must depart for winter break within 24 hours after your last final exam or class of the Fall 2021 semester, or by Thursday, December 9, at 12:00 PM — whichever comes first.
- If you are participating in or assisting with Commencement, you may stay in the Residence Halls until 5:00 PM on the day of your ceremony, pending approval from the Main Housing Office. You must contact our office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive an email once our office has verified your participation in Commencement.
- Students who are returning for Spring 2022 may keep personal items in their room during Winter Break. You must remove all trash and dispose of any perishable items before departing campus. Take any personal items that you will need for the break with you and lock your bedroom and unit door behind you. It is your responsibility to keep your room key during Winter Break.
- Students not returning to campus for Spring 2022, must move all of their personal items out of their room and turn in the room key at the front desk of your hall prior to the halls closing. During the check-out process, you will have the opportunity to have your room inspection with an RA or through an express checkout. During that time, University Housing staff members will inspect the status of your space and will note any damage or cleaning issues. Even if damages and cleaning concerns are documented at check-out, all rooms are assessed through a final walkthrough once the building is vacant. The Resident Director of your building will assign charges as a result of the room condition and final walkthrough. They will be taking into consideration any damages or concerns that were submitted at the beginning of the academic year. The charges will appear on your Wings account no later than December 16.
- If you would like to appeal any charges placed on your account, you can email nshrader@
georgiasouthern.edu. In that email, please include your name, Eagle ID, room assignment, item you are appealing, and your reason for appeal. You are able to appeal any charges until February 1, 2022.
Floor Meeting Times
Please see your RA for more information about the closing floor meeting in your hall.
Break Stay Sign-Up
Break Stay is only available to students currently living on campus for Fall 2021 and who will be living on campus for Spring 2022. The Break Stay form is submitted through the housing portal. To access the housing portal, log into MyGeorgiaSouthern and select the On-Campus Housing link under the Campus Life tile. Click on Housing Request Forms in the light blue ribbon and select Winter Break Stay Request Form. Once your request has been reviewed, you will receive an email either approving or denying your break stay request. If your request is approved, you will have full access to your room until the halls open for spring on January 6th at noon. If you are not approved, you must check out of the halls prior to closing on December 9th at noon. The Break Stay request form will be turned off on December 10th. If you need to remain on campus, please see your Resident Director or contact University Housing. The cost of Winter Break Stay is $500.
Last updated: 11/9/2021