NRHH – Membership Information
This organization consists of Active Members, Early Alumni Members, Alumni Members, and Honorary Members; all of which are considered members of NRHH for life. Active Membership in NRHH is limited to 1% of the total resident population at Georgia Southern University as determined by University Housing. This limit shall apply only to the sum of Active Members. This limit shall determine the number of spaces open to the selection process. The number of Early Alumni shall not exceed 15% of the membership cap. There is no limit to the total number of Alumni or Honorary Members.
NRHH inducts members bi-annually through a selection process that includes nominations and applications. Nominations are distributed to student leaders and professional staff of Georgia Southern University that allow them to nominate students for membership. Once a student is nominated and application from is sent to them for completion. Students of NRHH then use the nominations and applications to select members for induction.
Qualifications for Active Membership
- Possess minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Live in the residence halls for one year.
- Not currently be on conduct probation at Georgia Southern University.
- Have completed at least two semesters (including the current semester) of service to residence halls and/or Georgia Southern University community.
- Not be graduating during the semester of their induction.
APPLY HERE – Application closes March 17 at 5:00 pm
The point system is an incentive based initiative for Active NRHH members to gain rewards based on their involvements and accomplishments within NRHH. Members gain points based on events and initiatives that fall under the four NRHH pillars of leadership, scholastics, recognition, and service.
Early Alumni Membership
Early Alumni status is reserved for Active Members who reside in on-campus housing who can no longer maintain active status within the chapter.
Alumni Membership is for former Active Members who have moved off campus or graduated from Georgia Southern University.
Honorary Membership is intended to recognize non-students members of the Georgia Southern University community who have actively contributed to Residence Life and/or the Georgia Southern University community.
- Honorary Members may also be current students who are inducted in the semester they are graduating.
- Honorary Members are chosen by the active members during the selection process.
Last updated: 1/20/2017