Compensation & Benefits
Salary & Benefits
- The Resident Director is a non-exempt position with an annualized salary of $43,000 and is paid on a monthly basis. This is a live-on position.
- The Assistant Director position is an exempt an annualized salary of $52,476 and is paid on a monthly basis. This is a live-off position.
- University System of Georgia Benefits – Benefits are provided by the university at a discounted cost to you. To learn more about the benefits offered by the university, explore the most recent benefits sponsored by the University System of Georgia.
- Our Graduate Assistants and Graduate Resident Directors are eligible to receive tuition assistance via the College of Graduate Studies. A stipend salary of $10,000 is also paid over a 10 month period.
The annual fee for parking is $100.00, and may be paid by payroll deduction spread out over the year. Resident Directors receive two reserved parking spots closest to their apartments. Additional cars are $5.00.
Resident Director and Graduate Resident Director Live On Information
- RD and GRD Meal Plan – With our meal plan, you will provide unlimited access to Residential Dining (Dining Commons, Lakeside Dining Commons and the Galley) during the fall and spring semesters.
- RD Apartment – Each live-in staff is provided a furnished, two bedroom, two bathroom apartment (exception: the Kennedy RD space has two bedrooms/one bathroom). Each apartment comes with a washer and dryer, dishwasher, full size refrigerator, full size stove, and microwave. Check out the Professional Staff Apartment page for pictures and floor plans.
- GRD Apartment – Each GRD staff member is provided a furnished, two bedroom, one to two bathroom apartment. Check out our Residence Halls page for pictures and floor plans.
- RD and GRD Partner/Guest Policy – Live-in staff may have a guest resident in their apartment. More information can be found in our Staff Apartment Occupancy Policy and Staff Unit Guest Resident Agreement.
- RD Pet Policy – Live-in staff may have a pet within the established guidelines. More information can be found in our Staff Pet Policy *note – this policy does not apply to graduate directors.
Last updated: 1/3/2024