OMI: Armstrong Information
Here’s your one stop shop for all things related to the opening of the residence halls for Operation Move-In. Here you will find all you need for a successful transition to Georgia Southern University residence halls.
- Check your email for updates regarding housing assignments and move-in policies. All move-in information will be sent to you via your Georgia Southern email.
- Check your Housing Application Status Page to review your upcoming assignment and roommate contact information.
- Contact and get to know your new roommate(s). Being a good roommate can be a challenge but comes with a lot of rewards. Learn about life with roommates.
- Check the list of “What to Bring & What Not to Bring!“
- Get a renter’s insurance policy. University Housing strongly advises that each resident carry individual renter’s insurance for his or her personal property in the event of fire, flood, theft, hurricane, tornado, overflowing tubs, broken pipes, water main breaks, etc. Georgia Southern does not protect personal belongings from burglary, vandalism, fire, smoke, and other perils. Georgia Southern is partnering with GradGuard to offer an easy solution for students to purchase renter’s insurance from the on-campus housing application portal.
- Pay your Student Account balance. Fall semester tuition and fee information can be found on the Student Accounts website.
- Move into your home away from home on your designated move-in date.
- Plan to attend Welcome Week activities on campus. It is a great way to meet new people and see how much fun living near the beach can be!
Bed Height Change Requests
If you would like your bed height adjusted after you arrive on campus please submit a work order at www.gsuhousing.com/workrequest.
Armstrong Campus Hours of Operation
What’s open and available around campus during OMI Weekend? Check out the hours of operation for a variety of campus locations and departments during Opening Week. This resource is coming soon.
Last updated: 2/14/2022