Global Crossroads Theme Community
DESCRIPTION OF THE COMMUNITY
The Global Crossroads TC pairs domestic and international students with each other for a unique cultural experience that allows members to learn about a different culture, share their own culture, and discover their place within the Eagle Nation together. By sharing this living space, students in this community participate in programs together and take a common FYE 1220 course together. International Studies, Education, and Business majors are encouraged to apply!
- Students are asked to participate in community programs, such as the Welcome Social, community discussions, and campus walk-over events.
- Students are asked to join the Student Advisory Board (SAB) and planning social events that build connections and friendships with other theme community students.
- All students in the TC pay a $20 student activity fee each semester that helps pay for the cost of specialty programming. (REQUIRED)
There are many programs that are planned specifically for the students of the Global Crossroads LLC. Below is a list of events possible events students in this community may attend:
- Welcome Social
- Lingo Bingo
- Trivia Nights
- Cultural Dinners
- Attend Eagle Football Games / Spirit Nights
- Study Abroad Info Sessions
- Coffee & Cookies with Faculty
- Info Sessions on International Programs, Organizations & Events
- Finals Study Breaks
- Student Advisory Board (SAB)
LOCATION & ROOMMATES
Location: Statesboro Campus, Centennial Place
Room Type: Students who choose to live in this community will be placed in a 2- or 4-bedroom suite, which includes a kitchenette, shared living room, and access to laundry, the Centennial Place clubhouse, computer lab, and classrooms.
Preferred Roommates: Students may list a preferred roommate on their housing application, but roommate must also meet the requirements of the Global Crossroads TC, apply, list their preferred roommate(s), and opt into the experience before students will be roomed together. We suggest that preferred roommates complete their application materials around the same time, as assignment to the community is on a first come, first assigned basis.
HOW TO APPLY
Domestic students who are interested in joining the TC must 1) fill out their housing application and mark their interest in the community on the last page of the application, 2) fill out the Global Crossroads TC Supplemental Questions within the application, and 3) accept their admittance to the TC via email communication. This communication typically starts in March and continues throughout the summer as spaces in the community are available.
Priority is given to students who apply by March 1st.
First-year, degree seeking international students will be automatically placed in the community.
Last updated: 3/27/2019