Transfer Strong Theme Community
DESCRIPTION OF THE COMMUNITY
The purpose of the Transfer Strong TC is to allow new transfer students the opportunity to live and connect with other students transferring to Georgia Southern University. Students will be provided with the opportunity to learn about academic/professional resources available at Georgia Southern, learn from returning transfer students, and become involved in campus organizations dedicated to the needs and identity of transfer students.
- Students must be transfer students to Georgia Southern University from another institution of higher learning.
- Students are asked to participate in community programs, such as the Welcome Social, Transfer Student Panel, and Resource Fair.
- Students in the Transfer Strong TC are exempt from the theme community $20 student activity.
There are many programs that are planned specifically for the students of the Innovation LLC. Below is a list of events from previous years:
- Transfer Welcome Social
- Transfer Campus Tour
- Ask a Transfer Panel Discussion
- Transfer Involvement Information Session
- First Generation Student Social
- Academic Support Center Presentation
- Registration Bingo
- Teambuilding Activities
- Transfer Socials & Trivia Nights
LOCATION & ROOMMATES
Location: Statesboro Campus, Freedom’s Landing
Room Type: Students who choose to live in this community will be placed in a 4-bedroom apartment unit, which includes a full kitchen, shared living room, shared laundry, and access to the Freedom’s Landing clubhouse and pool.
Preferred Roommates: Students may list a preferred roommate on their housing application, but roommate must also meet the requirements of the Transfer TC, apply, list their preferred roommate(s), and opt into the experience before students will be roomed together. We suggest that preferred roommates complete their application materials around the same time, as assignment to the community is on a first come, first assigned basis.
HOW TO APPLY
Students who are interested in joining the TC must 1) fill out their housing application and 2) fill out the Transfer Strong TC Supplemental Questions within the application.
Priority is given to students who apply by March 1st.
Last updated: 3/19/2018