Skip to main content

Prospective Transfers

Prospective Transfer/Graduate Students

Moving to Statesboro will be exciting, but it’s also hard work. To help, current Georgia Southern students have helped to create the following list of items you may want to bring and also items that you should leave at home. For more information, a more specific selection of lists are available below including items you should consider bringing with you.


Housing is available to new Transfer/Grad students on a space available basis. Transfer/graduate students are assigned to spaces located in either Centennial Place, University Villas or Freedom’s Landing. Typically new transfer/grad students are assigned to spaces beginning in mid to late April through the summer.

Please click here to learn more about Our Halls


New transfer student spaces will be made available at the same time that Returning Students begin their self-selection process.

The number of spaces available to Transfer/New Grad students varies each year.


Students who have a medical or ADA related condition that requires special accommodation or an exemption to the live on policy may request for a review of their personal circumstances. This review is conducted by either (1) the Student Disability Resource Center or (2) the Chief Medical Officer of the University Health Services Office. A review will require documentation from a physician or testing authority that identifies the specific problems and a history of treatment/issues. Additional information may also be required before a decision is finalized.

Please note that the reviewing authority will determine what accommodations are reasonable and necessary for the student. The student’s personal preferences in housing is not the determining factor in the decision though it may influence final placement. (e.g. if a student requires a private bedroom, any private bedroom option meets that requirement). Students needing to request an accommodation should do so by March 1st or within two weeks of completing their housing application to maximize available options.  Requests for housing accommodations made after this time may limit availability of specific requests and may result in delay of implementation past the start of the semester.

Requests may be made using the form available at the Student Disability Resource Center website

Last updated: 10/27/2017