Desk Assistant Selection Process
Desk Assistant Description
Desk Assistants (DAs) are often the first faces that students and visitors see when entering the residence halls. DAs are stationed at the front desks of each residential community during specified hours. These student employees are responsible for assisting those that visit the desk, greet those who pass, and assist the residential staff as needed. DAs have the ability to work during the week and weekends.
DAs are not required to live on campus, we but are encouraged and invited to get to know the students and staff that live in the building!
Desk Assistants Responsibilities
DAs are responsible for the daily operation of residence hall front desks. These student staff members perform desk tasks, such as lockouts, key audits, and equipment checkouts at each residence hall front desk. They also provide administrative support to their Resident Director (RD). The following is a list of responsibilities within the DA position that are consistent across all halls. Specific and more detailed expectations and responsibilities may be provided by the Resident Director of the complex. Staffing the Front Desk
Please see our timeline for desk assistant hiring:
- November 15, 2019- DA Applications Open
- November 25, 2019- DA Application Closes
- November 25th – December 5th – DA Interviews (may take place over the phone or in-person)
- December 6, 2019 – DA Candidate will receive notification of either hired, alternate or not hired status
In order for a candidate to successfully have a completed application, they must complete the two of the following tasks:
1. Complete the Human Resources Application
2. Complete the Supplemental Desk Assistant Application
If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line “DA Recruitment – Last Name, First Name.”
After candidates have completed the application process, the Desk Assistant Management Team will review all candidates. Additional to completing the DA application, you must meet the following qualifications in order to be eligible for hire.
- Registered as a student (6 hours undergraduate; 3 hours graduate) at Georgia Southern University
- Ability to provide customer service in a diverse environment in the university and residence hall setting
- Successful completion of the individual interview process
Interested candidates are encouraged to review a copy of the Employment Agreement which details full expectations of the Resident Advisor position. The copy below is the current Resident Advisor agreement. The most up to date version will be provided to new Resident Advisor candidates once they have been extended offers.
Last updated: 11/15/2019