University Housing Updates regarding COVID-19
University Housing Updates
We hope this message finds you well. As you are aware, Georgia Southern received information from the University System of Georgia regarding the decision to suspend classes the week following Spring Break. This means that classes will not take place between Monday, March 16, 2020, through Sunday, March 29, 2020. Residential students are encouraged to depart for campus for these two weeks, however, the residence halls will remain open.
All residential students need to fill out the following form. This form allows us to know your plans for the next two weeks. The link to the form can be found HERE. For those who have already completed this form, we appreciate your quick response!
In an effort to ensure the safety of our students and our community, the following policies have been put into effect for students who will remain in the residence halls. Please review these policies closely. As a reminder, you are still held to the policies of the institution, as outlined in the Code of Student Conduct and the Residential Community Guide. Students found in violation of these policies will be subject to the Student Conduct process, and will be asked to find alternative housing accommodations for the duration of the course suspension.
- Students are not permitted to have guests in the residence halls.
- All students should refrain from social gatherings and parties.
- Students should not congregate in common areas, such as lounges and clubhouses.
Important Contact Information
As we prepare for the upcoming break period, please be aware that University Housing staff will have limited after hours coverage. Please expect delays in response time to things such as lockouts, maintenance requests, or general questions. The well being and safety of our students and staff continue to be a top priority for us. If you are locked out of your room, you can expect a wait time of up to 30 minutes+ minutes, as our staff may be responding to other situations.
The University Housing offices on the Armstrong and Statesboro campuses are currently planning be open during normal business hours over the course of the next two weeks. Normal business hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. To contact the housing staff please use the following numbers:
- University Housing Office – Armstrong – 912-344-2940
- University Housing Office – Statesboro – 912-478-5406
- Armstrong RA On Call – 912-429-9063
- Statesboro RA On Call – 912-678-5239
- University Police – 912-478-5234
- Georgia Southern University Coronovirus 2019 (COVID-19) Information
- University System of Georgia Coronovirus Information
- CDC Coronovirus Information
- Georgia Department of Public Health
Last updated: 3/16/2020