Homecoming Parade: Detours/Closures
Several roads and parking areas will be closed for the Homecoming Parade on Friday, October 16.
Here is what you need to know to avoid delays and towing:
- Parking on Sweetheart Circle will end at 12 PM
- All vehicles on Sweetheart Circle must vacate the area by 12:00 p.m.
- ANY VEHICLES INSIDE THE CLOSED AREA WILL BE TOWED WITHOUT NOTICE AT THE OWNER’S EXPENSE.
- Departments with university vehicles parked on Sweetheart Circle must vacate the area before 12:00 p.m. Friday.
- Traffic Access to Sweetheart Circle will end by 2 PM
- Traffic will not be allowed to enter the one-way traffic section of Sweetheart Circle by 2:00 p.m.
- Access along the two-way traffic section nearby Sanford Hall will remain available until the parade begins.
- Spectator parking available on-campus after 2 PM
- Parking permit enforcement will end at 2:00 p.m. This will allow those attending the parade to park in numbered commuter and open faculty/staff areas.
- Safety violations will be enforced at all times (fire lane, handicap, blocking/impeding, etc).
- Parade begins at 4 PM
- The parade route map is available below.
- Traffic along the route will be either detoured or withheld during the parade.
- Plan accordingly and expect delays.
ANY VEHICLES INSIDE THE CLOSED AREAS WILL BE TOWED WITHOUT NOTICE AT THE OWNER’S EXPENSE.
Feel free to contact our office with any questions. You can reach us at 912-478-7275 (912-GSU-PARK).