Hosting a group on campus?
What now? What steps do I need to get started?
1. Register Your Group
This will allow us to prepare for your arrival by letting us know what services you will be using while on campus, the date of your arrival, and the type of group you are bringing to campus
2. Does your group need overnight housing? meeting space? parking? dining or other services?
If the answer is yes, please fill out the reservation form which details your groups needs.
3. Are you tax exempt in Georgia?
If you are tax exempt in Georgia provide us with a copy of your Georgia tax exempt form. This will allow us to take off state taxes.
4. Sign a contract
Your services will be outlined in our university contract. Once signed, it will go to our VP of Business and Finance for signature. After it is signed, you will receive a copy of the signed contract.
5. Estimated Invoice
You will receive an estimated invoice that outlines your estimated charges for facility use while on campus when you receive your contract. This is ONLY an estimate. Services provided beyond the estimated invoice (additional housing, meals, damages, etc) will be reflected on the final invoice.
*Payment is DUE in full net 30. Starting Summer 2018 ALL ESTIMATED INVOICES MUST BE PAID IN FULL PRIOR TO THE FIRST DAY OF YOUR EVENT*
6. Provide Insurance Certificate (with signed contract)
Insurance limits and requirements are found in the contract, and also listed on this page for reference. Legal will review to make sure you have the required limits
7. Minor Waivers
A copy of our minor waiver can be found on this site. You will need EACH participant to have a signed waiver prior to the start of your program. You will turn these in to our staff during check-in.
Rosters with total guaranteed numbers, names of guests, and room assignments are due no later than a week prior to the start of your event. Accurate rosters allow us to serve all of your guests/participants needs. As the success of our program broadens, we are extremely limited with housing and can not guarantee housing/dining for guests not accounted for.
9. Minor Policy
Georgia Southern has a NEW Minor Policy that is effective starting May 1, 2017. The full policy can be found here for reference. We ask that ALL external groups sign off on their contract that they have done the following:
- Background checks on all staff, chaperones and volunteers within the last 2 years
- Training of all staff, chaperones and volunteers on appropriate interaction with minors and reporting laws
- Have the appropriate staff to minor ratio
- Have response protocols in place for injury, illness, participant misconduct, and staff misconduct
- Safety and security planning
- Signed minor waivers
- Insurance to meet contractual agreement to include coverage for “sexual molestation”
Last updated: 6/15/2018