Hosting a minor program? Now what?
I am hosting a program for Minors….now what?
- Register your program
- registration form found on this site
- You will need to check “yes” for departmental approval before moving forward
- -you will need to check “yes” that you have read and understand the policy
2. Background checks
- “adults/chaperones” working with minors must have had a background check in the last 2 years
- Background investigations are requested online using this link. Include your speed chart number for appropriate billing. Please allow ample time (at least 5-7 days) for background investigations to be completed.
- Please call the Director of Risk & Compliance at 912-478-5521 for assistance.
3. Staff Training
- Each staff member/volunteer must complete Mandatory Reporter training annually. Training links will be provided to each person whose name is submitted for a background investigation.
- Camp directors will maintain copies of the completion certificates with other camp documentation.
Conference Services P.O. Box 8102
(each program should turn these in collectively with a list and roster of staff/chaperones and the program name/date)
- Each minor participant must have a legal guardian sign a waiver (this should be held in your office) before being allowed to participate
- Waiver included on this site
5. Each program should have the following steps in place and be able to show your plan if audited.
- Safety and security planning
- Transportation needs
- Response to protocols for injury, illness, participant misconduct, and staff misconduct
Questions should be directed to Kelly Crosby, Director of Risk & Compliance at 478-5521
Last updated: 6/18/2018