Health Services Offers Telehealth Appointments
Georgia Southern Health Services is excited to offer telehealth appointments, in addition to our regular walk-in and scheduled appointments. Students who schedule a telehealth appointment will meet with one of our Health Services providers through a secure Google Hangouts Meeting.
Telehealth meetings are reserved for specific appointment reasons, including (but not limited to):
- Gastrointestinal symptoms, like nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- Respiratory symptoms, like coughing, sneezing, or runny nose
- Headaches, including migraine (new onset, not ongoing)
- Mood issues
If the telehealth provider determines that additional testing (like flu, strep, or mono) is necessary, walk-up testing will be scheduled through your preferred Health Services location. Additionally, patients will not be charged an additional visit fee if the telehealth provider determines that an in-person evaluation is needed.
Video Appointment Requirements
- You should be in an area with a stable internet connection/WiFi signal.
- You should be in a private, well-lit space.
- You should not be driving or operating machinery.
- You should not have other individuals present during the telehealth visit unless they are needed to provide assistance. If they are present, then your consent for them to be present is assumed and you should notify your medical provider.
- Based on medical license requirements, students wishing to participate in a telehealth appointment must be physically in the State of Georgia during their visit.