Opioid Misuse and Narcan
If you or someone you know is experiencing an overdose, call 911 immediately.
Substance Misuse Treatment Resources
If you think that you are at risk of an opioid overdose, please call the Georgia Crisis and Access Line at 1-800-715-4225.
The Georgia Crisis and Access Line (GCAL) is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year to help you or someone you care for in a crisis. GCAL professionals will:
- Provide crisis intervention services over the phone
- Dispatch mobile crisis teams, if needed
- Assist individuals in finding an open crisis or detox bed across the State
- Link individuals with urgent appointment services
GCAL will help you to access a State-Funded provider in your area in a non-emergency as well.
Naloxone is a lifesaving drug that acts by rapidly restoring breathing in someone whose breathing has slowed or stopped due to an opioid overdose. Naloxone is available for purchase from most Georgia Pharmacies under a standing order. Additionally, naloxone may be available from several agencies at free or reduced cost, including:
- All Georgia RCOs (Recovery Community Organizations) and CSBs (Community Services Boards) receive naloxone for distribution under a new DBHDD grant. Contact your local RCO or CSB to request naloxone.
- Local RCOs
- Freedom Through Recovery (Statesboro)
- Face to Face RCO (Jesup)
- The HUB (Waycross)
- Local CSBs
- Pineland Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (Bulloch County)
- Gateway Behavioral Health Services (Chatham and Liberty Counties)
- Local RCOs
- NEXT Distro is an online and mail-based harm reduction service that connects you to free resources. Request naloxone online here.
- Georgia Overdose Prevention is a training and advocacy group that supports Georgia’s 911 Medical Amnesty and Expanded Naloxone Access Law. Find additional information and resources here.
Georgia Southern student organizations may request Narcan training. Please complete the form below and someone will contact you with additional information.
Last updated: 2/20/2023