Fall 2022 Welcome from Dr. Gerguis
Welcome Eagle Nation!
Georgia Southern Health Services is committed to helping our students navigate current and emerging health issues to achieve our community’s best health and wellness. Flexibility has become the new norm, and recommendations made today may change as additional information becomes available.
Many of you may be accessing healthcare services on your own for the first time, but we are here to help! Health Services is your Medical Home Away from Home. We have an outstanding professional staff and offer comprehensive services including:
- Care for acute physical illness or injuries
- Management of chronic physical conditions and mental health needs
- General physicals as well as those for Sports, Camp, ROTC, etc.
- Coordination with your home physician or referrals for specialized care
- Full-service lab and X-ray
- Sexual health evaluation and needs, Women’s Health, and contraceptive services
- Vaccinations, allergy shots, and other injections
- Optometry services, offering eye exams, glasses, and contacts
- Physical Therapy services – No referral required!
- On-campus Pharmacy for all your medication needs
We continue to advocate for and offer standard vaccinations, including those against COVID-19 and influenza. Vaccination is a proven measure to decrease the risk of severe disease, hospitalization, and death due to these and other infections. COVID-19 vaccination is highly encouraged, but not required at this time. To schedule an appointment for all your health needs, including vaccination, visit the Online Student Health patient portal (Eagle OSH) through MyGeorgiaSouthern.
Georgia Southern follows the Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH) policies for handling all cases of COVID-19 on our campus. Currently, Georgia DPH requires isolation protocol for anyone who tests positive for COVID-19. If you test positive for COVID-19, Georgia Southern requires you to submit a COVID-19 Health Reporting Form located in your MyGeorgiaSouthern account to assist us in connecting you with helpful campus resources and additional information.
If you have been exposed to COVID-19, you should monitor for symptoms and wear a well-fitting mask for 10 days after your last exposure. Additionally, you should get tested for COVID-19 at least 5 days after your last exposure.
We encourage you to contact Health Services for any health concerns. We are eager to meet our growing Georgia Southern community and look forward to serving you!
Here is to a great year!
Angela S. Gerguis, MD
Medical Director, Georgia Southern University Health Services
Posted in Announcements