Statesboro Campus – Break Closings & Housing
General Closing Information
Spring Closing 2019
Halls close on Friday, May 10, at 12:00 Noon.
- You must depart for summer break within 24 hours after your last final exam or class of the Spring 2019 semester, or by Friday, May 10, at 12:00 PM — whichever comes first.
- If you are participating in or assisting with Commencement, you may stay in the Residence Halls until 7:00 PM on Saturday, May 11, pending approval from your Resident Director. You must contact your Resident Director to receive this approval. Your Resident Director email address can be found on the Housing Staff Directory page.
- Please note, all Residence Hall Clubhouses will be closed beginning at 12:00 noon at Friday, May 10.
- You are required to attend a closing floor meeting. See your Resident Advisor for information on times/dates of meetings, or see your closing email that was sent to your Georgia Southern email account.
- If you are living on campus for the Summer 2019 semester please refer to the break housing information listed below for your options
Can I stay for the break period between the end of Spring semester and start of Summer semester?
Students can sign up for break housing only if they have both a Spring Housing Assignment and a Summer Term A 2019 assignment. If you do not have Spring 2019 housing or are currently not in housing for Summer Term A, you may not participate in Break Housing Stay Over. Please use the break stay tab at the top of the page to sign up for Break Stay.
If you need to contact University Housing over the break, the housing office will be open during normal business hours from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. If you need assistance after hours, please call University Police at (912) 478-5234.
Floor Meeting Times
Please attend the floor meeting time for your building that best meets your needs
|Community||View Floor Meeting Times|
|Centennial Place||View Centennial Place Meeting Times|
|Eagle Village||View Eagle Village Meeting Times|
|Freedom's Landing||View Freedom's Landing Meeting Times|
|Southern Courtyard||View Southern Courtyard Meeting Times|
|Southern Pines||View Southern Pines Meeting Times|
|University Villas||View University Villas Meeting Times|
|Watson Hall||View Watson Hall Meeting Times|
Please choose the Flyer link below that pertains to the building you currently live in to READ about the Move Out Instructions for your residence hall.
|Residence Hall||Newsletter Link|
|Centennial Place||Centennial Place Closing Newsletter|
|Eagle Village||Eagle Village Closing Newsletter|
|Freedom's Landing||Freedom's Landing Closing Newsletter|
|Southern Courtyard||Southern Courtyard Closing Newsletter|
|Southern Pines||Southern Pines Closing Newsletter|
|University Villas||University Villas Closing Newsletter|
|Watson Hall||Watson Hall Closing Newsletter|
Break Stay Sign-Up
There are three different options for break housing to participate in. In order to participate, student must be enrolled and living on campus for both Spring and Summer semesters at Georgia Southern University. You must sign up for Break Housing by Thursday May 9, 2019 at 5:00 pm to be eligible to participate.
- Option 1 – Storage Only in Same Room – If you are in the same bedroom assignment in Freedom’s Landing for Spring 2019 and Summer Term A, then you may leave your belongings in your bedroom, turn in your key and check out with a staff member after you have moved all belongings to your bedroom. This includes all kitchen and bathroom items. Please note that University Housing is not responsible for property left in the room during the break period. You must sign up using the link below. Cost – $0
- Option 2 – Break Stay in Same Room – If you are in the same bedroom assignment in Freedom’s Landing for Spring 2019 and Summer Term A then you may occupy your room for the entire break period (May 10th – May 17th) and use your room. Staff will be in to clean the common areas (bathrooms, kitchen, etc.), so you are advised to keep as many belongings in your bedroom as possible. Cost – $100
- Option 3 – Break Stay in Different Room – If you are in a different room on campus for Spring 2019 and Summer Term A, you will stay in your current Spring room assignment until Friday, May 17th. On May 17th, from 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m., you will then move to your Summer Term A housing assignment. To start the check in process you will report to the Freedom’s Landing clubhouse for your key. Please note: if you cannot move during the scheduled time to your Summer Term A housing assignment, you CANNOT participate in Break Housing. You must move completely out of your Spring 2019 housing assignment by 5:00 p.m. on May 17th and turn in your keys at the Freedom’s Landing front desk. Cost – $100.
- Option 4 – Students who were relocated off campus from Kennedy Hall or University Villas – more details to come
To sign up for Break Stay, please call the Main Housing Office at 912-478-5406.
Last updated: 5/10/2019