Statesboro Campus – Break Closings & Housing
General Closing Information
Summer Closing 2019
Halls close on Friday, July 26, at 12:00 Noon.
- You must depart for summer break within 24 hours after your last final exam or class of the Summer 2019 semester, or by Friday, July 26, at 12:00 PM — whichever comes first.
- Please note, all Residence Hall Clubhouses will be closed beginning at 12:00 noon at Friday, July 26.
- You are required to attend a closing floor meeting. See your Resident Advisor for information on times/dates of meetings, or see your closing email that was sent to your Georgia Southern email account.
- If you are living on campus for the Fall 2019 semester please refer to the break housing information listed below for your options
Can I stay for the break period between the end of Summer semester and start of Fall semester?
Students can sign up for break housing only if they have both a Summer Term B Assignment and a Fall 2019 assignment. If you do not have Summer Term B housing or are currently not in housing for Fall 2019, you may not participate in Break Housing Stay Over. Please use the break stay tab at the top of the page to sign up for Break Stay.
If you need to contact University Housing over the break, the housing office will be open during normal business hours from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. If you need assistance after hours, please call University Police at (912) 478-5234.
Floor Meeting Times
Please attend the floor meeting time for your building that best meets your needs
|Community||View Floor Meeting Times|
|Freedom's Landing||RAs will stop by during rounds each night to share closing information. Please see your RA to learn more.|
|Southern Pines||View Southern Pines Floor Meeting Times|
Please review the closing newsletter below:
Break Stay Sign-Up
There are three different options for break housing to participate in. In order to participate, student must be enrolled and living on campus for both Summer 2019 Term B and Fall 2019 semesters at Georgia Southern University. You must sign up for Break Housing by Thursday July 25, 2019 at 5:00 pm to be eligible to participate.
- Option 1 – Storage Only in Same Room – If you are in the same bedroom assignment for Summer Term B 2019 and Fall 2019, then you may leave your belongings in your bedroom, turn in your key and check out with a staff member after you have moved all belongings to your bedroom. This includes all kitchen and bathroom items. Please note that University Housing is not responsible for property left in the room during the break period. You must sign up using the link below. Cost – $25
- Option 2 – Break Stay in Same Room – If you are in the same bedroom assignment for Summer Term B 2019 and Fall 2019 then you may occupy your room for the entire break period (July 26 – August 16) and use your room. Staff will be in to clean the common areas (bathrooms, kitchen, etc.), so you are advised to keep as many belongings in your bedroom as possible. Cost – $400
- Option 3 – Break Stay in Different Room – If you are in a different room on campus for Summer Term B 2019 and Fall 2019, you will stay in your current Spring room assignment until Monday, August 5th. On August 5th, from 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., you will then move to your Fall 2019 housing assignment. To start the check in process you will report to the housing office in Watson Commons for your key. Please note: if you cannot move during the scheduled time to your Fall 2019 housing assignment, you CANNOT participate in Break Housing. You must move completely out of your Summer 2019 housing assignment by 5:00 p.m. on August 5th and turn in your keys at the housing office. Cost – $400.
To sign up for Break Stay, please fill out the Break Housing Form.
Last updated: 7/16/2019