Statesboro Campus – Break Closings & Housing
Winter Break 2018
Halls close on Friday, December 7, at 12:00 Noon.
- You must depart for winter break within 24 hours after your last final exam or class of the Fall 2018 semester, or by Friday, December 7, at 12:00 PM — whichever comes first.
- If you are participating in or assisting with Commencement, you may stay in the Residence Halls until 12:00 PM on Saturday, December 8, pending approval from your Resident Director. You must contact your Resident Director to receive this approval. Your Resident Director email address can be found on the Housing Staff Directory page.
- Please note, all Residence Hall Clubhouses will be closed over the winter break.
- Over the Winter Break, University Housing may be performing maintenance work on units. Rooms may be entered as early as 8:00 AM.
- You are required to attend a break closing floor meeting. See your Resident Advisor for information on times/dates of meetings, or see your closing email sent on November 28 to your Georgia Southern email account.
- If you are returning for the Spring 2019 semester, you do not have to remove all of your belonging; however, you are encouraged to take home items of value, Rental Text Books you may need to return, medications, passports or identification, or other items you may need over break. Housing staff will not be able to grant access to closed buildings in a timely fashion.
- We encourage all residents to keep items off of floors or store them in waterproof containers. You are encouraged to put items on your bed or dresser in case of possible water events in the residence hall.
Can I stay over December Break?
- Only students living in University Villas, Freedom’s Landing, and Centennial Place are allowed to stay over Winter Break. SIGN UP FOR BREAK HOUSING – All students in University Villas, Freedom’s Landing, and Centennial Place who intend to stay for some or all of the break must sign up at the website by December 6th.
- Residence halls will re-open for the Spring 2019 semester on January 10th at 12:00 noon.
Please choose the Flyer link below that pertains to the building you currently live in to READ about the Move Out Instructions for your residence hall.
|Residence Hall||Newsletter Link|
|Centennial Place||CP Newsletter|
|Eagle Village||EV Newsletter|
|Freedom's Landing||FL Newsletter|
|Kennedy Hall||KE Newsletter|
|Southern Courtyard||SC Newsletter|
|Southern Pines||SP Newsletter|
|University Villas||UV Newsletter|
|Watson Hall||WA Newsletter|
If you need to contact University Housing over the break, the housing office will be open during normal business hours from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday, December 10, through Friday, December 21. The University will close Saturday, December 22, 2018, and will reopen on Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 8:00 am. Staff will not be available when the University is closed. If you need assistance, please call University Police at (912) 478-5234.
Last updated: 11/26/2018