Statesboro Campus – Break Closings & Housing
General Closing Information
Winter Break 2020
Halls close on Friday, December 11, at 12:00 Noon.
- You must depart for winter break within 24 hours after your last final exam or class of the Fall 2020 semester, or by Friday, December 11, at 12:00 PM — whichever comes first.
- If you are participating in or assisting with Commencement, you may stay in the Residence Halls until 12:00 PM on Friday, December 18, pending approval from your Resident Director. You must contact your Resident Director to receive this approval. Your Resident Director email address can be found on the Housing Staff Directory page.
- Please note, all Residence Hall Clubhouses will be closed over the winter break.
- Over the Winter Break, University Housing may be performing maintenance work on units. Rooms may be entered as early as 8:00 AM.
- You are required to attend a break closing floor meeting. See your Resident Advisor for information on times/dates of meetings, or see your closing email sent on November 18 and November 30 to your Georgia Southern email account.
- If you are returning for the Spring 2021 semester, you do not have to remove all of your belongings; however, you are encouraged to take home items of value, Rental Text Books you may need to return, medications, passports or identification, or other items you may need over the break. Housing staff will not be able to grant access to closed buildings in a timely fashion.
- We encourage all residents to keep items off of floors or store them in waterproof containers. You are encouraged to put items on your bed or dresser in case of possible water events in the residence hall.
Can I stay over December Break?
- Generally, only students who live in Freedom’s Landing are permitted to stay over the break period, as all of our other buildings close over the Winter Break period. This year, due to some changes to graduation and the last home football game, an approval process has been put in place to allow approved students to apply to remain past closing on Friday, December 11, 2020, at noon. All requests to remain must be submitted by Tuesday, December 8, 2020, at 11:59 PM. Students will be notified of their approval no later than Thursday, December 10, 2020, at noon.
App State Game: Students who receive a ticket to the App State game or are selected as a guest of a ticketed student may remain in housing through Sunday, December 13, 2020, at noon. Students looking to remain MUST submit a request through the Winter Break Sign Up Link. Once you submit your request, we will verify with the list provided by Athletics (if you received the ticket) or with the original ticket holder (if you are selected as a guest). Submitting this form does not guarantee approval.
Graduation: Students who are graduating or are participating in graduation through a formal department or organization may remain in housing through Friday, December 18, 2020, at noon. Students who meet these criteria MUST submit a request through the Winter Break Sign Up Link. We will verify with the list provided to us and notify you of your approval to remain.
Extenuating Circumstances: Lastly, students who have extenuating circumstances preventing them from going home may request to remain over break by filling out the Winter Break Sign Up Link. Students will need to outline the extenuating circumstances, which will be reviewed for approval. Once a decision has been made, you will be notified of your approval or denial to remain in housing.
- Please be mindful that the Residence Hall Clubhouse will be closed over the winter break. Staff will only be available at certain times throughout the break; however, University Police are available 24/7 at (912) 478-5234.
- Residence halls will re-open for the Spring 2021 semester on January 7th at 12:00 noon.
Floor Meeting Times
Please attend the floor meeting time for your building that best meets your needs
|Community||View Floor Meeting Times|
|Centennial Place Building 1||View Centennial Place Building 1 Meeting Times|
|Centennial Place Building 2||View Centennial Place Building 2 Meeting Times|
|Centennial Place Building 3||View Centennial Place Building 3 Meeting Times|
|Centennial Place Building 4||View Centennial Place Building 4 Meeting Times|
|Eagle Village||View Eagle Village Meeting Times|
|Freedom's Landing||View Freedom's Landing Meeting Times|
|Southern Courtyard||View Southern Courtyard Meeting Times|
|Southern Pines||View Southern Pines Meeting Times|
|University Villas||View University Villas Meeting Times|
|Watson Hall||View Watson Hall Meeting Times|
Please choose the Flyer link below that pertains to the building you currently live in to READ about the Move Out Instructions for your residence hall.
|Residence Hall||Newsletter Link|
|Centennial Place Bldg 1||Centennial Place Closing Newsletter|
|Centennial Place Bldg 2||Centennial Place Closing Newsletter|
|Centennial Place Bldg 3||Centennial Place Closing Newsletter|
|Centennial Place Bldg 4||Centennial Place Closing Newsletter|
|Eagle Village||Eagle Village Closing Newsletter|
|Freedom's Landing||Freedom's Landing Closing Newsletter|
|Southern Courtyard||Southern Courtyard Closing Newsletter|
|Southern Pines||Southern Pines Closing Newsletter|
|Watson Hall||Watson Hall Closing Newsletter|
Break Stay Sign-Up
The Break Stay Sign Up Form is no longer available. If you need to remain on campus, please see your Resident Director or contact University Housing.
Last updated: 12/9/2020