Statesboro Campus – Break Closings & Housing
General Closing Information
Winter Break 2019Halls close on Friday, December 13, at 12:00 Noon.
- You must depart for winter break within 24 hours after your last final exam or class of the Fall 2019 semester, or by Friday, December 13, at 12:00 PM — whichever comes first.
- If you are participating in or assisting with Commencement, you may stay in the Residence Halls until 5:00 PM on Saturday, December 14, pending approval from your Resident Director. You must contact your Resident Director to receive this approval. Your Resident Director email address can be found on the Housing Staff Directory page.
- Please note, all Residence Hall Clubhouses will be closed over the winter break.
- Over the Winter Break, University Housing may be performing maintenance work on units. Rooms may be entered as early as 8:00 AM.
- You are required to attend a break closing floor meeting. See your Resident Advisor for information on times/dates of meetings, or see your closing email sent on November 28 to your Georgia Southern email account.
- If you are returning for the Spring 2020 semester, you do not have to remove all of your belongings; however, you are encouraged to take home items of value, Rental Text Books you may need to return, medications, passports or identification, or other items you may need over break. Housing staff will not be able to grant access to closed buildings in a timely fashion.
- We encourage all residents to keep items off of floors or store them in waterproof containers. You are encouraged to put items on your bed or dresser in case of possible water events in the residence hall.
Can I stay over December Break?
- Only students living in University Villas, Freedom’s Landing, and Centennial Place are allowed to stay over Winter Break. All students in University Villas, Freedom’s Landing, and Centennial Place who intend to stay for some or all of the break must sign up at the website by December 12th.
- Residence halls will re-open for the Spring 2020 semester on January 9th at 12:00 noon.
Floor Meeting Times
Please attend the floor meeting time for your building that best meets your needs
|Community||View Floor Meeting Times|
|Centennial Place Building 1||View Centennial Place Building 1 Meeting Times|
|Centennial Place Building 2||View Centennial Place Building 2 Meeting Times|
|Centennial Place Building 3||View Centennial Place Building 3 Meeting Times|
|Centennial Place Building 4||View Centennial Place Building 4 Meeting Times|
|Eagle Village||View Eagle Village Meeting Times|
|Freedom's Landing||View Freedom's Landing Meeting Times|
|Southern Courtyard||View Southern Courtyard Meeting Times|
|Southern Pines||View Southern Pines Meeting Times|
|University Villas||View University Villas Meeting Times|
|Watson Hall||View Watson Hall Meeting Times|
Please choose the Flyer link below that pertains to the building you currently live in to READ about the Move Out Instructions for your residence hall.
|Residence Hall||Newsletter Link|
|Centennial Place||Centennial Place Closing Newsletter|
|Eagle Village||Eagle Village Closing Newsletter|
|Freedom's Landing||Freedom's Landing Closing Newsletter|
|Southern Courtyard||Southern Courtyard Closing Newsletter|
|Southern Pines||Southern Pines Closing Newsletter|
|University Villas||University Villas Closing Newsletter|
|Watson Hall||Watson Hall Closing Newsletter|
Break Stay Sign-UpThe Winter Break Stay form has been taken off-line. Please see your Resident Director to sign up for Break Stay.
Last updated: 12/13/2019