Armstrong Campus Info
Georgia Southern University strives to ensure a safe place for students, faculty and staff to learn, work and live. There are policies and regulations regarding parking on campus by which the members of the University are required to abide. Please review the following guidelines for the Georgia Southern Armstrong Campus.
- All persons operating a vehicle on University property shall be properly licensed, and the vehicle shall be properly insured.
- Pedestrians have the right of way on campus, except where traffic is regulated by traffic signals or police officers.
- The maximum speed on University streets is 20 MPH, and the maximum speed in University parking lots is 10 MPH. Vehicles may not operate at any speed that is excessive for conditions, such as weather, traffic congestion, and the presence of pedestrians.
- Operating a motor vehicle in any area other than a street or roadway intended for motor vehicles is prohibited.
- All accidents occurring on campus shall be reported to the University Police immediately.
- ID cards and operator licenses shall be presented when requested by University Police or University Officials.
- Excessive noise such as that created by musical instruments, stereos, loud speakers, faulty or loud mufflers, or squealing tires is prohibited.
- Operators who commit moving traffic violations may be cited with a University citation that carries a $50 fine, or they may be cited with a state citation that requires a court appearance in Recorder’s Court.
Last updated: 5/18/2018