NOTE: Rules 2 through 8 are enforced24 hours, 7 days a week.
- When you purchase your permit for a specific lot, you are to park your vehicle in that specific lot unless notified otherwise. However, any vehicle may park in any designated commuter or faculty/staff lot from 4:00 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. unless otherwise noted. Individual reserved parking spaces like ADA (disabled), Dean, VP, Service & Delivery, and Resident Parking lots are enforced 24/7 and are not available for parking after 4:00 p.m.
- The parking lot for the Henderson Library is reserved for Faculty/Staff between 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Parking on all campus streets shall be to the right with the flow of traffic, except that parking of motorcycles and all other two-wheeled motor vehicles shall be only within marked areas designated for two-wheeled motor vehicles.
- Stopping, standing or parking in prohibited zones will be fined and/or towed at the owner’s expense. These areas include:
- medians and/or yellow curbs
- crosshatched safety zones
- disabled parking spaces
- bike lanes
- service and delivery zones
- grassy areas
- athletic fields
- Parking areas for various permit types can be found here: campus map.
- Parking automobiles or trucks in spaces designated for “motorcycles only” is prohibited and parking motorcycles or other two-wheeled vehicles in spaces not designated for motorcycles is prohibited.
- Permission to park in areas designated as “Reserved Parking” must be authorized by the Parking and Transportation Office.
- Do not park in front of trash cans or dumpsters. Vehicles parked in this manner are subject to fines and/or towing at the owner’s expense.
- Residential Parking Permits are required at all times in Residence Hall Parking Lots. Residence Hall lots are enforced 24/7.
If your vehicle becomes disabled and cannot be moved, call the Parking & Transportation Office at 912-478-7275 immediately. We will add your vehicle to the Disabled Vehicle Log and you will be given 24 hours to have it moved. On weekends and after 5 p.m., call Public Safety at 912-478-5234.
Georgia’s Vehicle Emissions Inspection & Maintenance (I/M) Program
Vehicle emissions testing is required annually in the 13 metro Atlanta counties in Georgia in order for motorists to complete their vehicle registration. If you and your vehicle are temporarily located well outside of the metro Atlanta area because you are a student, in the military or have business obligations, you may qualify for an Out of Area Extension.
Click here for more information about Out Of Area Extensions. Vehicle Verification forms are only processed by local law agencies such as Public Safety, Statesboro Police and Bulloch County Sheriff.
Last updated: 5/24/2023