1. Generally, the location for parking a given motor vehicle on campus streets and lots will be authorized according to the type of parking decal or permit displayed on the vehicle. However, any vehicle may park in any designated commuter or faculty/staff lot from 4:00 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. unless otherwise noted in that lot. Individual reserved parking spaces like ADA (disabled), Dean, VP, Service & Delivery, and Resident Parking lots are enforced 24/7 and not available for parking after 4:00pm. The parking lot for the Henderson Library is reserved for Faculty/Staff between 7:30a-5:30p.
NOTE: Rules 2 through 8 are enforced
24 hours, 7 days-a-week.
2. Parking on all campus streets shall be to the right with traffic in the adjacent lane and parking on all campus streets and lots shall be within the spaces designated to motor vehicle type, except that parking of motorcycles and all other two-wheeled motor vehicles shall be only within marked areas designated for motorcycles.
3. Stopping, standing or parking on thoroughfares and/or parking at yellow curbs, in driveways, crosshatched safety zones, disabled parking spaces and crosshatched aisles, walkways, bike lanes, service and delivery zones and entranceways and on lawns and athletic fields is prohibited. Vehicles in these areas will be fined and/or towed at the owner’s expense.
4. Parking areas for various decal or permit types are designated on the accompanying campus map.
5. Parking automobiles or trucks in spaces designated for motorcycles only is prohibited and parking motorcycles or other two-wheeled vehicles in spaces not designated for motorcycles is prohibited.
6. Authorization to park in areas designated as “Reserved Parking” must be authorized by the Parking and Transportation Office.
7. Parking in such a manner that blocks access to dumpsters or trash receptacles is prohibited and vehicles so parked are subject to fines and/or towing.
8. Resident Parking Permits are required at all times in Residence Hall Parking Lots. Non-residents may park in 30-minute spaces at residence halls, but only for 30 minutes. Residence Hall lots are enforced 24/7.
9. Time Zones – In order to provide students short-term parking for conducting business or running errands, there are short-term parking zones on campus. These are enforced on a regular basis and are not designed to be used while at work or attending class. In a time zone, remaining parked longer than the posted limit constitutes an overtime violation. Each successive period equal to the time limit posted constitutes an additional violation so that in a 30-minute zone a vehicle could be ticketed every 30 minutes. It is not permissible to move from one space to another within a time zone and park for the time limit in each space. This defeats the purpose of the zone and prevents others from using the area. After parking in a time zone for the posted time, a vehicle must leave the zone for a period equal to the posted time limit before returning to the same time zone or it will be subject to ticketing.
Example: If you park in a 30 minute time zone to run an errand, you cannot return to that same time zone for an additional 30 minutes.
If your vehicle becomes disabled and cannot be moved, call the Parking & Transportation Office at 912-478-7275 immediately. We will add your vehicle to the Disabled Vehicle Log and you will be given 24 hours to have it moved. On weekends and at night, call Public Safety at 912-478-5234.
Georgia’s Vehicle Emissions Inspection & Maintenance (I/M) Program
Vehicle emissions testing is required annually in the 13 metro Atlanta counties in Georgia in order for motorists to complete their vehicle registration. If you and your vehicle are temporarily located well outside of the metro Atlanta area because you are a student, in the military or have business obligations, you may qualify for an Out of Area Extension.
Click here for more information about Out Of Area Extensions. Vehicle Verification forms are only processed by local law agencies such as Public Safety, Statesboro Police and Bulloch County Sheriff.
Last updated: 9/24/2020