- All motor vehicles operated by students, faculty or staff in connection with their attendance or employment at Georgia Southern University must utilize a current virtual parking permit while parked on campus.
- Virtual permits are active for the semester in which the permit was purchased. Under the License Plate Recognition (LPR) software, your license plate will act as your permit. No decal is necessary for any student, faculty or staff under the LPR system.
- Lot enforcement hours are as follows:
- Faculty/Staff and Commuter Lots – 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Residence Hall Lots – 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Specially Reserved Spaces – 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- To register for a parking permit, simply log onto your My.GeorgiaSouthern account and click “Parking Permits & Citations” under the Auxiliary Services box. You must register your vehicle and license plate to obtain a parking permit. You may also visit the Parking and Transportation offices on the Statesboro and Armstrong campuses to purchase your permit.
- Faculty and staff hang tags will be issued upon proof of employment and are used only for access to gates around campus. Replacement hang tags are $10. Faculty and staff are subject to all rules and regulations applicable to students. Faculty and staff may sign a payroll deduction authorization and the parking fee will be deducted from their check before taxes.
- For those who have a current permit but must drive another vehicle temporarily, a
temporary permit will be issued for $2 per day. Once the vehicle is registered in our parking system, the visitor’s vehicle will not be cited when parked in the appropriate locations.
- Permit holders with temporary disabilities may obtain special parking permits from Transportation Services after obtaining proper documentation from their personal physician OR the CAMPUS PHYSICIAN. Temporary access permits DO NOT authorize parking in disabled spaces. However, they do entitle students access to faculty/staff parking lots which usually provide them parking closer to their destination.
- Areas posted with Disabled signs are for PERMANENT disabled parking ONLY. Persons with a permanent disability must qualify for and display their state disability permit on their rear view mirror or dashboard. Any unauthorized vehicles parked in disabled spaces will be fined and may be towed at the owner’s expense. This restriction is in effect at all times. A Georgia Southern LPR permit is still required to park in these spaces.
- The vehicle owner is ultimately responsible for the safe operation and proper parking of his/her vehicle, regardless of who may be the operator. A citation is not excused on the plea that another person was driving the vehicle.
Permits are valid only on the vehicle they are registered to. Permit holders may only register their personal vehicle or a vehicle owned by an immediate family member. You are not allowed to register a friend’s vehicle.
The RAC is permit parking between the hours of 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. You may park at the RAC with ANY current Georgia Southern University parking permit. For those attending classes or working out during these hours without a permit, you may park at the stadium and ride the shuttle to the RAC.
Last updated: 10/25/2018