- All motor vehicles operated by students, faculty, or staff in connection with their attendance or employment at Georgia Southern University must display a current permit while parked on campus.
- Hang tags will be displayed on the rearview mirror. Student decals must be permanently affixed right side up and completely visible on the outside of the rearview window in the bottom left-hand corner (driver’s side).
- Lot enforcement hours are as follows:
- Faculty/Staff and Commuter Lots – 7:30 am – 4 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Residence Hall Lots – 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Specially Reserved Spaces – 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- All decals, hang tags, forms, and information may be obtained at the Parking & Transportation Office. To obtain a permanent decal or permit, the following must be presented:
- Payment of appropriate fee
- Current Georgia Southern University ID
- Faculty and Staff hang tags will be issued upon proof of employment. Replacement hangtags are $10. Faculty and Staff are subject to all rules and regulations applicable to students. Faculty and Staff may sign a payroll deduction authorization and the parking fee will be deducted from their check before taxes.
- Student decals
- Decals are valid for the length of time purchased only. All permits expire at the end of the academic year.
- Student Parking Fees
- Decals must be properly displayed beginning Monday of the first week of scheduled classes each semester.
- For replacement of student decals (in the event a student trades vehicles or the decal is lost or destroyed or a change in the type of decal (commuter or resident), a fee of $10 will be charged.
- All student decal refunds will be charged a fee of $10.
- For those who have a current permit but must drive another vehicle, a temporary permit will be issued for $2 per day.
- Permit holders with temporary disabilities may obtain special parking permits from Transportation Services after obtaining proper documentation from their personal physician OR the CAMPUS PHYSICIAN. Temporary access permits DO NOT authorize parking in disabled spaces. However, they do entitle students access to faculty/staff parking lots which usually provide them parking closer to their destination.
- Areas posted with Disabled signs are for PERMANENT disabled parking ONLY. Persons with a permanent disability must qualify for and display their state disability permit on their rear view mirror or dashboard. Any unauthorized vehicles parked in disabled spaces will be fined and may be towed at the owner’s expense. This restriction is in effect at all times. A Georgia Southern Permit is also required to park in these spaces.
- All Temporary permits shall be displayed on the rear view mirror or completely visible and legible on the dashboard from the front windshield.
- The vehicle owner is ultimately responsible for the safe operation and proper parking of his/her vehicle, regardless of who may be the operator. A citation is not excused on the plea that another person was driving the vehicle.
- Permits are valid only on the vehicle they are registered to. DO NOT loan or borrow a permit. Permit holders may only register their personal vehicle or a vehicle owned by an immediate family member. You are not allowed to register a friend’s vehicle.
The RAC is permit parking between the hours of 8 am – 3 pm. You may park at the RAC with ANY current Georgia Southern University parking permit. For those attending classes or working out during these hours without a permit, you may park at the stadium and ride the bus to the RAC.
Last updated: 3/29/2018