Good morning! Check out these quick need-to-knows about navigating parking at Georgia Southern University. If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.
- CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR ALL PARKING NOTIFICATIONS AND CITATIONS.
- DO NOT BACK IN OR PULL THRU ANY PARKING SPACES. Your license plate must be visible to the aisle of the parking lot for our LPR vehicles to check.
- Parking permits go on sale every year in April.
- Lot enforcement only happens when classes are in session.
- No permit is required at Paulson Stadium.
- All persons (including visitors) must have a permit to park on any Georgia Southern campus (excluding the Liberty Campus) unless parking at Paulson Stadium (Statesboro Campus).
- Handicapped permits must be registered with the parking office in order to receive an access pass.
- Two (2) tickets in collections will place you on the boot list by the 3rd ticket you are eligible to be booted.
- Students with mobility issues must have a letter from the Student Accessibility Resource Center (SARC) in order to receive an access pass to park closer.
- You must appeal tickets through the AIMS parking portal or use the link on the ticket that was sent to your email. We will not accept appeals through email, by phone or in the office.
- There are AMP Park spaces in Lots 21, 13, 41, 32, 42, the engineering building, ERB building and on Sweetheart Circle. Please pay attention to signage in these lots to locate available AMP Park spaces.
- If you are not a full-time employee of Georgia Southern, and you are enrolled in classes, you are a student and must purchase a commuter or residential pass, unless noted otherwise.
- Residents must purchase a permit to park where they live.
- WAITLISTS ARE OBSERVED EVERY WEEK. IF YOU ARE ON THE WAITLIST YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED BY EMAIL TO PURCHASE YOUR PERMIT. THE WAITLIST EXPIRES EVERY YEAR.
- The permit holder of the vehicle will receive the citation whether they are the driver or not.
- All unpaid citations must be paid before purchasing a permit.
- Residential and Commuter lot permits are $160/year.
- Lot 12 (Statesboro Campus) is $110/year.
- You must park in the lot you paid for. For instance, if you purchase a parking permit for Lot 32, then you have to park in Lot 32. After 4:30 p.m., you can park in other commuter lots.
- All Georgia Southern permit holders can park in lot 12, the RAC and Paulson Stadium at any time.
- Armstrong Campus parking permits parking on the Statesboro Campus can park in lots 12, RAC, and Paulson Stadium.
- Statesboro permits on the Armstrong Campus can park in any commuter lot.
- Permits issued at half price are for graduating seniors. You must submit your graduation certification letter.
- Open parking at Zach Henderson Library begins at 5:30 p.m.
Painting the ADA spaces in the Hendrix Hall parking lot is underway and should be completed soon.
This week, we’ll have crews fixing the cracking and potholes at the Forest Drive entrance. Please be advised that traffic there will be routed to one lane, so expect a slight delay.
Plans are to seal coat and stripe the Veazy Hall parking lot near the Art Building. And don’t worry if you park closer to Veazey, because they’ll be taking care of that area next week.
Pardon our Progress! The Parking and Transportation Office apologizes for any inconvenience. We’ve been dealing with weather, labor, and material issues, but trust us, the final result will be totally worth the wait.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Starting from Monday, May 8, 2023, through Friday, May 12, 2023, the Intercampus shuttle will not be in operation. However, it will resume on May 15, 2023, with the usual routes and times.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact the Parking and Transportation office. Thank you for your understanding!
Fall 2023 parking permits for the Statesboro and Armstrong campuses of Georgia Southern University will go on sale in the AIMS portal on April 17, 2023. Students may purchase commuter and residential parking permits on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please be advised that commuter permits on the Statesboro campus are by lot, meaning that once the allotment for the lot has been reached there will be a waitlist for additional spaces. For more questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Here’s the updated map for the Publix Route of the Southern Express bus shuttle system.