Several roads and parking areas will be closed for the Homecoming Parade on Friday, October 16.
Here is what you need to know to avoid delays and towing:
- Parking on Sweetheart Circle will end at 12 PM
- All vehicles on Sweetheart Circle must vacate the area by 12:00 p.m.
- ANY VEHICLES INSIDE THE CLOSED AREA WILL BE TOWED WITHOUT NOTICE AT THE OWNER’S EXPENSE.
- Departments with university vehicles parked on Sweetheart Circle must vacate the area before 12:00 p.m. Friday.
- Traffic Access to Sweetheart Circle will end by 2 PM
- Traffic will not be allowed to enter the one-way traffic section of Sweetheart Circle by 2:00 p.m.
- Access along the two-way traffic section nearby Sanford Hall will remain available until the parade begins.
- Spectator parking available on-campus after 2 PM
- Parking permit enforcement will end at 2:00 p.m. This will allow those attending the parade to park in numbered commuter and open faculty/staff areas.
- Safety violations will be enforced at all times (fire lane, handicap, blocking/impeding, etc).
- Parade begins at 4 PM
- The parade route map is available below.
- Traffic along the route will be either detoured or withheld during the parade.
- Plan accordingly and expect delays.
ANY VEHICLES INSIDE THE CLOSED AREAS WILL BE TOWED WITHOUT NOTICE AT THE OWNER’S EXPENSE.
Feel free to contact our office with any questions. You can reach us at 912-478-7275 (912-GSU-PARK).
STATESBORO, Ga. –Thousands of alumni and fans will flock to Paulson Stadium for the football game against Texas State on Thursday, October 29. The Office of Parking and Transportation advises students about game day parking regulations.
Student parking will be available until 12 p.m. at Paulson Stadium on Thursday, October 29. After 12 p.m. all vehicles parked at Paulson Stadium must be removed by 2 p.m. Towing will be enforced for vehicles that are not removed by 2 p.m.
Vehicles parked at the RAC on Thursday game days should be removed by 3:30 p.m. or face towing.
Parking on Campus
Residential, faculty and other campus parking lots will be available for student parking starting at 12 p.m. on Thursday, October 29. Students and staff are allowed to park in those lots instead of parking at the RAC and Paulson Stadium. Spaces in front of the PAC and in front of Hanner Fieldhouse can also be utilized. Parking will be available on a first come, first served basis. However safety violations will still be enforced. Motorists should avoid parking in fire lanes, handicap spaces, or sidewalks.
Thursday game days will incur a number of changes for the Southern Express. The Stadium bus stop will be relocated at 12 p.m. to Malecki Drive (football shuttle stop). At 1 p.m. the RAC bus stop will be moved to Akins Blvd and the bus will only stop after making the full route into campus. The RAC stop (leaving the Stadium) will cease at 1 p.m. The Blue and Gold transit routes will run their regular scheduled times from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Thursday game days. After 5 p.m. the Gold Route will increase the number of buses to accommodate the game day crowds, and will run 1 additional hour after the game. As normal, the Blue Route will cease at 9 p.m.
Tailgating will be permitted after 4 p.m. in the numbered, commuter lots.
Students, alumni, and all game day attendees should expect major delays in traffic. If possible students, faculty and staff should carpool on Thursday home football games. October 29 will be the next Thursday home football game. For more information or questions about parking regulations please contact the Office of Parking and Transportation 912-478-7275 or visit auxiliary.georgiasouthern.edu/parking/gameday-mayday/.
Click here to view the parking map of campus.
About Auxiliary Services
Auxiliary Services’ mission is to create the best possible Georgia Southern University experience. Auxiliary Services strives to provide the highest quality products and services to the Georgia Southern community, while setting the highest operational standards possible. Auxiliary Services supports the strategic direction of the University through the delivery of extraordinary programs, products, services and facilities. Visit: http://auxiliary.georgiasouthern.edu/